• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked Turkey Next

Started by LindaCC, October 19, 2009, 11:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Very very nice Linda.  Time to 'fess up.  What's your culinary background?  I've been hanging around this forum a while and I have never seen a first timer whip out 3 of the best looking dishes in a row! ;)

Keep smoking and show us the results!

KyNola

LindaCC

Thanks for the encouragement. I brined a couple of chickens night before last and smoked them yesterday. Finished off in the oven like I did the turkey. My daughter (26) said "Mom, when you said you were getting a smoker, I thought oh no, I don't really like smoked food. But now I am dreaming about this food while I'm at work and just can't get enough".
While we were carving the chicken she kept sneaking tastes.... Amber stay out...I can't it's the best chicken I've ever had!!!

KyNola, seriously I have always cooked good, but have never smoked until the Bradley. I really think it has been the hours I have read here before Bradley came. I learned so much here that has helped me understand the concept and not have to go through the trial by error.

Caneyscud

Linda, I've enjoyed your cooks.  They look great, they must taste great, and the photography is first notch.  The flowers are always a great touch as well as the tableware! 

An interesting thing to do with either a chicken or a turkey is to put sliced spicy sausage under the skin.  Acts as not only as a spicy touch, but also acts self-marinating. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

KyNola

Linda,
You have a great knack for using a smoker.  Always fun to watch other folks results.  Can't wait to see what's next from you.

KyNola

parishollow

Linda,
How long did you have the bird in the oven to brown?  Did you fully cook in the smoker and then brown it or partial then finish in the oven.  Thanks for the help, it has been too long since I did a bird but will for Thanksgiving.  I usually smoke salmon most of the year.
Andrew