• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New Bacon and Chicken Wrap.....

Started by Oldman, March 13, 2005, 04:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I did these different than the last ones I posted.

Instead of a chicken wrap it was a pepper wrapped in chicken and bacon. The cheeze was sharp cheddar cheese. I feel the cheese was the wrong one for this blend.

In my last posting I was asked how I sliced the chicken breast.

1/2 breast whole <b>CLICK TO ENLARGE All IMAGES</b>

Breast split into half:

I roasted a few green "sweet" chili peppers.

I stuffed the chili pepper with ham and chedder cheeze

In this picture you can see I blocked the open end of the pepper so the cheeze would not leak out during smoking/ cooking. I did not lose one drop of cheeze.

I capped the pepper with the second half of the chicken breast. Then rapped the whole deal up with bacon. Using toothpicks to hold it together.

I preheated the smoke for one hour at the maximum heat setting. I then used 4 pucks of wood. When I placed the food into the smoker I left the slider to the highest setting for 45 minutes or so. After that I reduced it to 3/4 way to the hightest setting.  Two hours and 30 minutes later this is what I got!

I wrapped them in foil and place them into the microwave and covered them with a towel for about 25 minutes. This is the end result. I believe this wet look has a lot to do with the pepper.

Now I made an extra one for Mother. She comes over every Sat and eat with us then I always make sure to let her win at cards LOL  [;)] Anyway I vacuum packed it for her. [:D]

As I said without a doubt the chedder cheeze did not work for me. However, between the bacon, chicken and that pepper the flavor was to die for.

I've got another idea. One along the lines of a Spanish flavored item, using the type of pepper I used today. This time I will be using very thin sliced turkey breast and some new items. Plus I'm going to leave out the ham.

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

jaeger

Nice post Olds!!!

I think you missed your calling. You should be writing cookbooks![:D]

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

nsxbill

Those look pretty tasty.  You could bump the ante with some JalapeƱo or Pepper Jack cheese...very tasty to think about.  My wife isn't real fond of the smoked chicken(OUCH!), so from now on will definitely get out the vacuum sealer to freeze up the leftovers.  

I think I will roast up the peppers and when blackened, remove the skin and follow your lead.  I usually do a whole family pack of the Skinless breasts from Sam's, and despite regular consumption during the week post smoking, is just too much to do at a time for us.

The peppers should give some nice zing!  Will slit them, flatten them put all the ingredients in layers and then roll them up with the bacon outers....Excuse the drool!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

Bill
I did not remove the skin from these. That blacken areas once wrapped just added a nice touch. Also before I roast my peppers I coat them with oil as I generally will leave the skin on.

I think it is about time  I roasted a bunch of red, yellow, sweet chili peppers again. Then store them in Olive oil with garlic, and cappers, a little salt and a touch of white pepper. After about a month they are killers for topping on a good sub sandwich.

Sometimes I will add fresh spices from my garden: sweet basil, broad leaf parsley, celery seed, rosemary, oregano, and sage. When I do that I will have a lot more olive oil than normal. After about a month talk about a great oil for an oil-vinegar dressing~~! [^]

BTW My wife just hates it when I allow celery to seed. It does ruin the stock to a degree, but there is nothing like fresh seed on a sandwich or in a soup you are making. Seeing how I can only get one "crop" of celery per year, now that I have this food sealer I will have longer fresh seed than before. [:D] I can grow tomatos 12 months out of the year by changing varities, but when it comes to celery I must be holding my mouth wrong~~[:0]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

I'm not seeing any pictures. It's odd, prior to this, I was not seeing any animated icons. I now get the animated icons, but no pictures in this thread. Not even a <font color="red">x </font id="red">. I don't have any problems viewing other pictures that are posted.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

Habanero Smoker,

I have also had that problem from time to time. Sometime if I hit the refresh button they will show up.  Other times I wonder if my host service has someone running an open proxie without them knowing it until some routers block them.

I do think that by Jan of next year I will have my own server here or just change hosting services. I just hate to move as moving 3 sites is such a pain in the shorts.

Olds

Habanero Smoker

Olds,
I narrowed down the problem. It's on my end. A recent update to ZoneAlarm seems to be the problem. I've added you to my site list, but still cannot view the pictures on this thread without disabling the firewall. I'll continue to try and tweak the settings.

It does look good. I am going to have to give that recipe a try.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

Habanero Smoker

I bet do to the hack attacks via JPG files there is an option in ZAP that is set to block JPG files just like Outlook Express does.

I finished up the last one last night. Man after a day it was much better tasting.

Olds

MallardWacker

OLDS, you did it again.  WOW, ChaCheeBee's on steroids.  Man if I could find some small Pablanos, what great flavor.   I feel like Pavlov's dog right know....Great adaptaion.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Plus I'm going to leave out the ham.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I think you would be right, just the chicken, pepper, and cheese would be a great flavor combo by them selves.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

whitetailfan

Olds, those look to die for...
The cross cut profile is very attractive as well as I'm sure tasty.
CHaCheeB's are gonna happen soon at the Whitetail household.

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

gotbbq

Olds-

-A truly great post.  I now know what i'm trying this weekend.  Thanks-[^][^][^]

gotbbq