• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Temperature Calibration

Started by KevinG, December 10, 2009, 08:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinG

I've been reading a lot of topics and noticed a trend on temperature control questions and problems. It got me thinking is there any way to calibrate the temperature on the Bradley Digital Control? I don't need it now, as mine has been performing flawlessly (wood - knock knock), but it would be good to know in case there should ever arise a problem in the future.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

Quote from: KevinG on December 10, 2009, 08:08:48 AM
I've been reading a lot of topics and noticed a trend on temperature control questions and problems. It got me thinking is there any way to calibrate the temperature on the Bradley Digital Control? I don't need it now, as mine has been performing flawlessly (wood - knock knock), but it would be good to know in case there should ever arise a problem in the future.

Don't get like my wife Kevin - "Well, what if ..."  ;D

Seriously, if you ever feel you do have a problem, talk to Brian at Bradley.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

KevinG

No wife in my house, so I have to play both roles  ;)
I'm sure Brian would help, but figured after warranty period it might cost me a bundle. I've seen some heating equipment that have ways to do this, but didn't want to tempt fate and screw mine up by opening it. I doubt it will be a problem anyhow.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

classicrockgriller

the butt I did last nite my maverick and posted cab temp on my digital stayed within two degrees "after" the butt reached the 150 mark.

I am stoked!

pensrock

Not sure about the Bradley, it has a thermistor for temperature sensing. I calibrate a lot of industrial controllers but never looked that close inside the Bradley. I would really doubt it there is a way to calibrate it short of replacing the thermistor.