• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Picked up OBS and Auber PID

Started by Mat_M, December 10, 2009, 02:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat_M

Hello all, I've been a lurker on these forums for months and finally pulled the trigger on an OBS and a PID from Auber. Have to admit, I'm really excited about the future prospects for smoking, but more importantly the community here. You guys are great! I feel almost like an expert already reading through the hundreds of posts here and on susanminor, not to mention the incredible kindness of everyone here!  Glad to be a part of it now, and I look forward to sharing my smokes here.  :)

Old_Sarge

Excellent! I started out with the same rig a couple of weeks ago, and I'm enjoying the heck out of the OBS. I've smoked more since Thanksgiving week than I normally used to over a 3-4 month period. I had a Brinkmann Smoke 'n Pro for years, but could never smoke nearly as often as I wanted due to the need to babysit the smoker for a whole day at a time. With the PID, all you have to do is make sure you're around in time to take the meat out of the Bradley (and maybe refresh the water pan once; I switched the bowl for a metal cake pan that fits just right in the bottom), if you're so inclined. Or lazy, like me.

So...welcome to the community (yes I'm a junior member on double-secret probation but I got the first post  ;D).

Quarlow

Well you go Old_Sarge. You maybe a newbie but your not a rookie. Gees the way you guys both do your names I am think this was a setup. ;D ;D Welcome to the forum Mat_M, If you have any questions just ask and someone will be along shortly to answer you. Just remember there is always someone who has done the same mistake and probably quite afew of us. There is no dumb questions here.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

KevinG

Welcome Mat_M, I'm sure you'll enjoy your new toys. Plenty of smoke filled recipes and advice here on the forum. Smoke em if you got em!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

RossP

Welcome aboard Matt_M, have fun and play nice, also remember to post lots of pictures of yor smokes.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

classicrockgriller

Matt if you have been lurking and reading post then you probably have more answers than I do.

Glad you pulled the trigger on gettin a Bradley and you will not be sorry. The Bradley smoker is
awesome and to run it with a PID, I could tell you listen to what you had read.

After you get started smoking you will be overwhelmed by the desire to do a smoke everyday. It is very
rewarding and hard work ( wink wink) and the results are fantastic.

This forum is going on 7 years old. Started by a small group of guys that love smoking food and had a desire to help
people that had questions.

The forum today is like Shoeless Joe Jackson standing in the cornfield in Iowa and asking Kevin Costner, "Is this Heaven"

A great group of people that truly care about their forum friends.

Saying that, If we can help, we want to. If you can help, you should.

Hope all your smoke are fun times.

outdoorsfellar

Welcome ! You have a great rig there & we'll be excited right along with ya. We all learn from one another, either by advice being given, or by mistakes being shown...lol

Oldman

Welcome to the forum Mat_M. If you have a question don't ask me... I KNOW NOTHING ~~~! ;D

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Quarlow

Quote from: Oldman on December 11, 2009, 02:57:36 PM
Welcome to the forum Mat_M. If you have a question don't ask me... I KNOW NOTHING ~~~! ;D
;D ;D ;D LOL Are you starting to listen to your wife.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Old_Sarge

Here's my OBS setup, known simply as "The Barbecubicle©"

It's set up in a lee corner of my back porch for wind protection. I've got a Huachuca Mountain valley pointed directly at the back of my house that sets up a howlin' gale whenever it gets windy out here.

Quarlow

Hey sarge turn that camera around and lets see the view of the mountains.

OBS
BBQ

Old_Sarge

Quote from: Quarlow on December 12, 2009, 05:39:00 PM
Hey sarge turn that camera around and lets see the view of the mountains.

That'll have to be tomorrow, Quarlow. It's dark and I don't think my flash'll be able to reach that far  ;D