• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Just ordered a 6 Rack

Started by teach, December 19, 2009, 08:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teach

Yes the deed is done, just ordered a 6 rack digital.  I have downloaded the instructions and it says that I should season the smoker for an hour before use.  Any tips or additions to this would be appreciated.

pensrock

Seasoning is necessary to remove any oils or such that remain from the manufacturing process. Also the darker the inside gets the better the food will taste. Mine is very black now and I want to keep it that way. I do clean the water bowl, smoker racks and the 'V' Tray, other than that I wipe down the seal and where the seal touches after each smoke. I seasoned mine twice before using, the second time I got it as hot as it would go and ran smoke for a couple hours just to make sure it was oil free. Welcome to the site and I'm sure more members will be in to add their thoughts.

MPTubbs

Welcome to the club teach!

I seasoned mine for 2 hours and let it get as hot as it can.

After that start smoking! ;D
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

stantonl

I recently got into smoking and the Bradley is the way to go. I seasoned mine for two hours. So far I've done ribs, chicken, brisket, and pulled pork. My other advice to you would be feel free to ask question here. People will jump all over to give you advice or help.

Larry