Philadelphia animal sacrifices

Started by car54, January 01, 2010, 09:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

This is some weird stuff. What is even more weird is that if caught, the people will be charged with cruelty to the emaciated dogs but not for the sacrifices as long as the were done in a humane way.

FELTONVILLE - December 28, 2009 (WPVI) -- SPCA investigators says they're continuing to conduct interviews and they may be back here tomorrow to dig up the backyard for possibly more animal remains. But what they've found so far is unlike anything they've ever seen.

One seasoned SPCA investigator calls 4844 Front Street, in Philadelphia's Feltonville section, a bone yard.

"It was just about the eeriest thing I've ever seen inside any residence," said Greg Jordan.

Authorities made the gruesome discovery while investigating reports of neglected dogs on the property.

They say they found hundreds of animal skeletons including monkeys and sheep, an altar, and buckets of dried blood.

"You couldn't take a step in that house without stepping on a melted candle, feathers, bones."

Investigators believe the animals were sacrificed as part of religious rituals. Neighbors tell Action News Ramon Cruz lives here. He calls himself a high priest of Santeria, a religion of West African and Caribbean origin.

One neighbor, who did not want to be identified, says the stench emanating from the house was unbearable. She never saw the sacrifices, the blinds were always drawn, and Cruz always kept the place protected with security cameras.

"I saw 7 cases of live chickens delivered every week."

Authorities are now trying to track down Cruz. They believe he's in Mexico. They've received reports he's ill with swine flu and unable to re-enter the country but when he does he faces several counts of animal cruelty charges.

"In terms of ritualistic sacrifices this is the worst I've seen."

Those charges are for two emaciated dogs found on the property which are now in the care of the SPCA.

We should point out; it's not illegal to sacrifice animals for religious purposes if it's done humanely. This investigation is ongoing.

ArnieM

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

3rensho

Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Mr Walleye

Wow!!!!

It's probably best I just leave it at that!  >:(  :-X

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

_Bear_

I'd like to kick their asses right off the face of my planet
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

hal4uk

And monkeys??
I'd like to buy Bear some spikey-toed boots.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Ka Honu

You'll never be surprised if you always expect people to do strange things.  I prefer to make my ritualistic animal sacrifices in a more conventional manner, offering appropriate beasts to the Gods of Smoke & Q on a regular basis.  But then again, I don't live in Philadelphia.