• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Newbie question re: the last two bisquettes

Started by GerryB, December 26, 2009, 03:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GerryB

So I just completed the seasoning of Santa's gift to me. I loaded 5 bisquettes and burned 3 of them. The last two that I had assumed were to be "wasted" look like they might be usable for another smoke - the 4th is slightly singed on one side, and the 5th looks to be intact. Is there any reason why I couldn't/shouldn't line them up on the drive guide to be pushed onto the burner by new bisquettes in the feeder tube? (I know... get some Bubba Pucks.)

Also, the Temperature Heat Control Switch (plastic slider knob) fell off. I sort of pushed it back into the slider, but it appears to be hanging by a thread. Probably not a big deal....

KevinG

I'm not quite sure I understand the question, but I think your asking if it's OK to use more pucks to push the ones you've got in there. You can do that, but the one closest to the burner will get partially burnt. It's still useable, but it gets too hot being next to the burner.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

FLBentRider

Most have bubba pucks of one variety or another.

You can put two more in there to push those partially burned ones along.

As far as the knob, a little super glue might do it.

If it can't be glued I would call Bradley on Monday to inquire about a warranty replacement.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

GerryB

Sorry I wasn't clear. The two "wasted" pucks look usable to my newbie eyes. But rather than put them into the feeder tube, could I just "leave them" where they were on the guide where they then would be pushed onto the burner by "new" bisquettes coming from the feeder tube. As opposed to throwing them away, which is what I gathered was to be done when those extra pucks were referred to on the forums as "wasted." Or, in short, can I make use of them, or should I just toss 'em?

tsquared

Leave them where they are if you are smoking again soon. (and order some bubba pucks)
T2

pensrock

I always reused them till I got aluminum pucks. I loaded them so the burned part was 90 degrees from the burner, never had any trouble with them feeding or burning.

Quarlow

For sure use them. I always do that, just leav them there and on the next smoke they will get used.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

GerryB