Marivac Food Tumbler -- Nothing but trouble

Started by Oldman, December 28, 2009, 12:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I'm on my third vacuum chamber. None of them will hold a vacuum. It is not the vacuum pump. At this point I suggest if you want a vacuum tumbler to look for something else.

This is the unit I do not suggest you purchase.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

hal4uk

Mine works fine (so far), but I've only used it a couple of times.
It is kind of a PIA.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

NePaSmoKer

Have had mine for 3 years, works fine still on the original drum.

TIP

Remove the seal, wash good and use food grade grease to keep the seal soft and plyable, this makes for a better seal to the drum.

car54

Olds,

My also does not seem to hold a vacuum. I'll do what Nepas has suggested. Hopefully that will work.

Brad

Kummok

I've had mine since they were first introduced on the forum several years back. Also had problem with sealing...lid was cracked. Called manufacturer and they not only shipped me a new lid but also a new canister(free ride all the way to Alaska...pretty cool!) . Been running on the new lid for about 2-3 years with no problem..LOT's of great meat has been taken for a spin in that thing!

iceman

Going on three years and no problems yet. I do clean the heck out of the seal and lube it each time though. Just lucky like Kummok I guess. Sorry you've had such a bad time with yours Olds. I can send you a new canister if you need one. I have 4 of them for doing chickens but only really need 3.

Oldman

QuoteI can send you a new canister if you need one. I have 4 of them for doing chickens but only really need 3.
Thanks but no need.

BTW how cold is it here now? Weather here is crazy. Heat in the morning that then the A/C in the afternoon...

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!