• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Not a great couple of days

Started by Tiny Tim, January 21, 2010, 05:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

First off, yesterday morning, I was a bit chilly when I crawled out of bed, turns out I ran out of fuel oil during the night.  Called my supplier, but due to the ice storm we were having, he wouldn't be able to get his truck out until today.  Okay, fine, I start the electric fireplace that I have in the living room.  Keeps it a semi-comfy 58 degrees (furnace keeps it 64, that's what I set it at) until about twenty til one this afternoon.  Lost power due to that durn storm and resulting melting of the ice.  Got down to 50 degrees at about 4:00 when the power came back.  About 10 minutes after the power came back, I heard another pleasant sound outside my window.  Oil delivery was here and pumping into my tank.   Finally back up to about 64 now.

classicrockgriller

FLBentRider

I guess I shouldn't mention it I say 82F on the car thermometer today...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Gizmo

Betcha them kittys were snuggling at 50 degrees.   :)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

hal4uk

Ice SUX.  No doubt about it. 

Ask KyNola about the ice storm that hit Paducah, KY last year...
No heat for weeks - for anyone..  Bet he had the Traeger fired up in the kitchen...
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Tiny Tim

Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 21, 2010, 05:50:13 PM
Put on them Long John's!

I put a sweatshirt on and some slippers (I usually am barefoot around the house), and an extra quilt on the bed last night.

Quote from: FLBentRider on January 21, 2010, 05:52:19 PM
I guess I shouldn't mention it I say 82F on the car thermometer today...

I don't mind....I'd rather have my 50-58* inside temp than 85+ any day. :D

Quote from: Gizmo on January 21, 2010, 05:52:34 PM
Betcha them kittys were snuggling at 50 degrees.   :)

Surprisingly, not really.  Bela made sure she was around me all the time, and jumped up for me to hold her a few times.  Sneetch pretty much just went about her life ignoring me.  Once it got to 50, though, she did come into the living room and accidently get within reach for me to pick her up.  She actually almost purred when I was holding her.

Quote from: hal4uk on January 21, 2010, 05:53:18 PM
Ice SUX.  No doubt about it. 

Absolutely.

seemore

Tim, I hope everything is up and running again in the house. 
Are you getting any snow right now?
Stay WARM!!!
Mrs

Tiny Tim

All is good here, except the weather ain't fit to go out today with the wind blowing the snow around.  Night after I made this post, we lost power at about 11:15 PM and didn't get it back until 8:50 AM.  Should have gone out Saturday to get some groceries...supplies is gettin' thin 'round here. ;D

seemore

And you don't want to get on the bad side of those FELINES and run out of their food, catnip, etc.....  ;)

Tiny Tim

They have more food here than I do.......... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D