• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

What's for supper?

Started by Tiny Tim, January 24, 2010, 03:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

Smoker is at the store (also don't have any meat to put in it yet), so that stuff is out.

Wondering what I can make with:  1 tin of spam, 1# of bacon, 1 sausage patty (about 1/4 pound), Box of minute rice, maybe 1/2 pound of macaroni, 15 ounce can of tomato sauce, big jar of mushrooms, can of Cr. of mushroom soup, and 6 packets of oatmeal.

KevinG

Close but not enough ingredients for my spicy rice casserole. It'd be enough to knock your socks off. I usually use venison sausage though.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tiny Tim

I'm kinda leaning toward making some rice, stirring in the soup, and adding either the spam or bacon....it's just that I usually have some cheese to put in there too.

ArnieM

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Tiny Tim

Gizmo

Being from Iowa, I always liked elbow macaroni with just a little butter, milk, salt and pepper. 
Brown 1/2 of the Spam (mind you I have not had spam since I was a kid in Iowa  :) ) and toss it on top of the macaroni.
If you don't like the butter and milk version of macaroni, use the Tomato sauce and mushrooms.

Now for those of you who have never eaten butter and milk macaroni, try it before you knock it.  My wife thought I was crazy when I first mentioned it, she liked it after trying it. :D

Next meal, cook up the rice, stir in and warm up the Cream of Mushroom soup, add more mushrooms and top with the sausage patt and 4 strips of bacon.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Tiny Tim

Too late.  Did the rice, soup, and the whole tin of spam (I don't like to save partial containers of anything).  Made the rice with a can of chicken broth instead of water, and added some black pepper after it was all mixed together. 

BUUUURRRRP  Wasn't too bad.  Might do it again sometime.

oakville smoker

This sounds like an episode of Iron Chef
EXCEPT its
Tonights secret ingredient"S" are
good to hear you managed to feed yourself
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

Quarlow

My first Captain told me his dad would cook spaghetti and then put milk and brown sugar on it for breakfast. His reasoning was it is made of wheat so it is like eating porridge or oatmeal.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.