No more Bradley Hotel

Started by TTNuge, February 01, 2010, 06:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTNuge

Well around the same time that Oakville Smoker started to build his Bradley Hotel I was working on the same project.  I was almost finished with it, had a vent installed on the top, was putting in a shelf for the PID and getting everything set up the way I liked it.  But the biggest thing I didn't like was the fact that it had to be down at ground level on my deck to clear the kitchen window that was above it.  There were some changes and upgrades made since this picture was taken but it gives you the general idea..

So following in the footsteps of others on the forum I decided I would move the smoker into my garage and vent it out through the wall.  My garage is currently unfinished and I wasn't sure where my work bench/smoke area was going to end up so I really didn't want to cut a hole in the siding.  So I came up with the idea of venting it up over the top and out through the vented area in the soffit.  I am running 4" ducting with a in line fan at the top, a couple of 90 degree bends, some flexible ducting, a few clamps, some duct tape and it seems to be working good.

I do plan on building a bit of a vented hood that will probably sit on the top of the Bradley but won't seal against it completely.  Just enough to keep the smoke contained and pulled out by the suction of the fan, but not enough to pull too much air/smoke out of the Bradley itself.  For now I just have the ducting and the end fitting sitting right on top of the vent and it seems to be working good.  Plenty of smoke still in the smoker and not a lot in the garage.

I'll finish up the install a little nicer once it warms up a bit.  For now I got some cheese smoking, plans for 3 racks of Baby Backs on Thursday and a Pork Butt for the Super Bowl this weekend.  You'll notice some empty space to the side of the smoker where the Cabela's 80l dehydrator will sit.  For now I have to bring it inside to make jerky as it won't get up to temp out in the cold garage.  Can't wait to get the insulation in, sheetrock up and a nice heater in the corner to keep it a respectable temp.  Heck some day maybe I'll even be able to park a car inside!

So if anyone in the Twin Cities area of MN want the start of a nice cabinet for their Bradley I'll have one available soon.   For now it sits next to the brand new, in the package Bradley cover I bought but never used. LOL

Trent

classicrockgriller

Your Bradley will love you for giving it a Home in the Garage!

KevinG

It looks a lot more comfortable in the garage there anyhow.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

oakville smoker

Damn
I have been one upped again    LOL
I have one of those new smoker covers too
Garage sale ?
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

OU812

The garage is going to be the place to hang out now rather than the deck.

You will love havin the smoker up on a bench, much easier to load, unload and rotate the racks. Wile the vent is a work in progress try to make it so it is not attached to the smoker. That way if and when you want to take it on a road trip all you have to do is just slide it out and back again.