• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

superbowl party

Started by idahofirefighter, February 05, 2010, 06:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idahofirefighter

hey looking for a good rib rub it is my first time, also wanting to know about smoking shrimp and chicken wings, elk jerky can i do it all at the same time? i need help i have only smoked in my smoker one time and it did not turn out good.
thanks TAZ

FLBentRider

When you say didn't turn out good - can you elaborate on that ?

as far as rubs go - there are some good ones on our recipe site - click on the ribs at the bottom of this post to get there.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

I've done shrimp in my Traeger, and they were out of this world.   You can do them exactly the same way in the Bradley.

This is what I did:

- 1 pound raw peeled-deveined shrimp (thawed)
- Zatarains liquid crab boil
- any kind of rub/seasoned salt

Put a couple/three T of crab boil in 2 quarts of water.  Brine shrimp for 25 minutes - tops.  Drain.
Place on jerky screen, sprinkle with rub, and put in your Bradley (middle rack) for 1 hour of smoke.  Don't turn on the cabinet heater yet!

Bring heat up to 225* and cook shrimp for an additional 25 minutes or so.  (or until done - they'll curl up and start to turn pink - check them at the 20 minute mark)

Pull and let them rest a bit, they will continue to cook.

Eat!

(I had a mix of Alder and Apple for my smoke)

idahofirefighter

thanks guys my first smoke i think i tried to hurry things along and used to much heat . so this time i will stay home and watch till i learn how to run the BS . thanks again
thanks TAZ

OU812

Slow and low brother, slow and low.