• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Auber pid?

Started by phaz, February 22, 2010, 07:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phaz

I see they have a standard model and a model that also registers food temp. Is there a advantage to using the second one? The reason I ask is they are out of the 2 probe unit until april?
Thanks phaz

FLBentRider

The food probe model you can program to change the box temp based on the food temp.

For example:

box temp 250 until probe temp 162F

the change box temp to 220 until food temp 200F

then box temp 190F to keep warm.

Or at least I _think_ that's how it works. Mine is still in the box, it will get tested this weekend.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Thor

Thats my understanding of the difference also.  I am in the same boat as you, I want a PID now but the dual probe model sure could come in handy.   My thinking on it is it will free up your schedule so you do not necessarily need to be home when the food is done.  Anything that give me more sailing time is worth the extra money.  I can't sail to at least April so I will wait.
If you got it, smoke it.

RAF128

I bought the single probe to go with my 6 rack BDS.    I don't regret it.    It'll do what I want.   I have a meat probe that I bought from Bradley.    The PID will be used mainly when I'm making sausage.   Other wise I can get away with just the Bradley.   I don't mind hanging around the smoker so I didn't think I needed the 2nd probe.

Tenpoint5

If you fella's can wait until the first of the month. There is an article in the newsletter that will help with alot of your questions on a PID. If you haven't signed up for the Newsletter send me a PM with your Email and info and I will get you on the mailing list.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

So that's how you got the deal?
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Caneyscud on February 22, 2010, 12:22:56 PM
So that's how you got the deal?
Nope not at all. I did not write the article on the PID our good friend and forum member Hawkeyesmokes wrote the article with help from Suyi from Auber. It is a very informative article in my opinion.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!