• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

shortest time for ribs

Started by jwmills, February 20, 2010, 08:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwmills

plan on doing ribs for the first time in obs. what would be the shortest time that they might take and at what temp. ?

Tommy3Putts

Hi

I'm a newbie to Bradley smokers, but I have a lot of experience smoking pork spareribs.  If you are doing spares, they need to go at least four hours.  Five is optimal.  If you are doing multiple slabs it could take longer.  Go low and slow.  Don't rush them or they will be tough.  Keep your temp around 200-210.

Others may disagree but that's my take. Good luck!

T3Ps

jwmills

i have been doing them on my gas grill indirect for a few years now . they usually take about four hours but i am new to the obs

Tommy3Putts

I've got my first smoke going today in my new bradley.  I'm doing beef ribs right now and butts and brisket later tonight

jwmills

just put side ribs in the smoker . hope there done for supper.theres going to be a learning curve here i am sure.

Tommy3Putts

No worries this is a great site.  If you have problems post them and the experts will help.  There are some knowledgeable members who have been using the Bradley for a long time.  Very helpful.

Good luck

jwmills

i think i am going to go for a higher temp. probabley around 250, just so i know they will be done for supper.i am going to foil after 2 hours.i think i will try 5 hours total .

Tommy3Putts

I'm doing my beef ribs with a smoker temp around 210.  Beef of course are tougher but if you keep going low and slow they always turn out tender.   Getting ready to take a peak in about twenty minutes and through a quick mop on them. 

TW

Jim O

I recently had good luck with 3-2-1 !

-preheat to 220
-3 hrs smoke(i used apple) then wrap in foil after spritzing with apple juice, for 2 hrs then
unwrap and put "whatever" bbq sauce on and cook (no smoke) for 1 more hr.

-removed from BDS ,finished my ceasar while the ribs rested,and ate & ate & ate ------

Good luck !
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !