• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Thanks-good eatin!!

Started by Heavy, April 17, 2005, 10:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heavy

Hey guys, thanks for the info - took the brisket to work, co-workers loved it - continued cooking the pork shoulders until I got home this morning! Completed FTC then I thought I turned the smoker off came inside to see if I could get info on cleaning my smoker & when I went back outside I found my smoker "SMOKING" - Yeh guys, I started a fire in my smoker - seems I turned it all the way high instead of off!! My next question would be "What damage has been done?" The walls inside are a little warped & the rubber strip on the door is somewhat melted???? Hmmm, what now?? I am off to church-will deal with this matter later!!!!!

oguard

Nice to hear about your brisket[:D].Sad to hear about the fire[:(][:(][:(][:(].I think the best way to deal with it would be to phone bradley and see what they can do for you.Or you can probably get replacement parts from Chez Bubba.Good luck Heavy.

<b><font face="Comic Sans MS">Mike</font id="Comic Sans MS"></b>

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Oldman

My understanding is there is a safety switch that should have stopped you from over heating... Call Bradley. If under warranty there should be no problem with replacements parts... or maybe a complete new unit.

There is no way that unit should have caught fire unless the water bowl ran over with grease that I can think of.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Heavy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>Don't know about that safety switch but what I do know is I should have unplugged the machine when I was done. There was a whole lot of grease in there & that is what caught fire - not the machine itself & when I saw the smoke, I opened the door & then came the flames!! I screwed up & now I have to pay. Bradley has just the cabinet & I oredered it yesterday & it wasn't too expensive so I will be back smoking again real soon. This time I know better!! UNPLUG WHEN NOT IN USE!! Thanks for responding!!
<br />My understanding is there is a safety switch that should have stopped you from over heating... Call Bradley. If under warranty there should be no problem with replacements parts... or maybe a complete new unit.

There is no way that unit should have caught fire unless the water bowl ran over with grease that I can think of.

Olds
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Oldman

Heh he he at first your reply was confusing to me. You included it within your quote of what I said.

Now I will quote you: <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">OldmanDon't know about that safety switch but what I do know is I should have unplugged the machine when I was done. There was a whole lot of grease in there & that is what caught fire - not the machine itself & when I saw the smoke, I opened the door & then came the flames!! I screwed up & now I have to pay. Bradley has just the cabinet & I oredered it yesterday & it wasn't too expensive so I will be back smoking again real soon. This time I know better!! UNPLUG WHEN NOT IN USE!! Thanks for responding!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Ok first I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we are real sorry about the fire. Next it is possible that the bottom tray was put in up side down? It should be pointed down like a V and not like /. If V shaped the grease should go into the water bowel.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

And if it was a brisket, you should have emptied & refilled the water bowl half way through cooking.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Heavy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />Heh he he at first your reply was confusing to me. You included it within your quote of what I said.

Now I will quote you: <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">OldmanDon't know about that safety switch but what I do know is I should have unplugged the machine when I was done. There was a whole lot of grease in there & that is what caught fire - not the machine itself & when I saw the smoke, I opened the door & then came the flames!! I screwed up & now I have to pay. Bradley has just the cabinet & I oredered it yesterday & it wasn't too expensive so I will be back smoking again real soon. This time I know better!! UNPLUG WHEN NOT IN USE!! Thanks for responding!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Ok first I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we are real sorry about the fire. Next it is possible that the bottom tray was put in up side down? It should be pointed down like a V and not like /. If V shaped the grease should go into the water bowel.

Olds
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">  You are absolutely correct!! The good people at Bradley were kind enough to get me a unit within 1 day of explaining to them about my fire - luckily it is still under warranty!! But now I also know why there was so much grease everywhere in & out of the smoker! Oh well, the meat was sure good & now I will have a cleaner smoking area. Thanks again!!!

Oldman

Heavy or Chez,

Edit out the quote and remove the address for the my picture and web-site address. This will stop the pop up prompt.

Olds

JJC

Quote from Heavy:  

You are absolutely correct!! The good people at Bradley were kind enough to get me a unit within 1 day of explaining to them about my fire - luckily it is still under warranty!! But now I also know why there was so much grease everywhere in & out of the smoker! Oh well, the meat was sure good & now I will have a cleaner smoking area. Thanks again!!!

Heavy, if I understand your message correctly, the fire was actually your fault but Bradley replaced your cabinet under warranty.  Is that correct?  If so, that's unbelievable customer service!  Even if they charged you for the cabinet, getting it back to you in 1 day is pretty cool!  Who did you talk to at Bradley?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA