Pantry Cabinets

Started by oakville smoker, February 26, 2010, 11:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

I have now begun a search here in good old Canada for a pantry cabinet
I dont want to spend a ton on something custom but I dont want to spend so little that I wind up with junk
Anyone have any ideas?

Since my garage has become a giant curing cabinet, and I sold all my wood working tools during divorce, I cannot make one
myself.  Surprising, the knock down furniture places like Ikea do not even have anything to offer.  Sears has something and
Crappy Tire has some cheap Black and Decker stuff but I wonder if there are other sources I have not considered as of yet

I have "googled" this a couple of times and come up empty but to me that just means bad search results and someone probably
knows something I dont
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

Smokey the Bear.

I have the one from crappy tire and it is a great bargain when on sale. I keep all of my spices and dry rubs and associated smoking stuff in it. I bought the one that is 6 ft tall and added a few extra shelves to fit everything that i needed to get in it.

You could check out Lowes , they have some good deals and their stuff is above crappy tire quality wise.
If it has eyes and a head,I would probably eat it. Eh

smokeitall

Do you have a Home Depot by you?  They have 24" wide x 80" high x 30" deep in natural oak, ready to finish.  We are about to buy 2 of those.  $181.00 each by me.
SIA

RAF128

I would add that Home Depot is in the business of sell cabinets and sometimes they clear out old display pieces.    Might get a deal there.

NePaSmoKer

I'll store it at my house for ya  :D

Caneyscud

If Habitat for Humanity has a resale store, the almost always have cabinets.  Check with any cabinet shop or demolition and/or remodeling contractor - they usually have some or know of some just about to come out.  If your city has an auction site or store to get rid of surplus, they almost always have some.  Craigslist quite often have them for free if you tear them out. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

oakville smoker

Thanks much
Iam going to give Home depot a visit
Crappy Tire just had both B and D models they carry on sale
Some good reviews and some not so good
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

Paddlinpaul

Something like this?

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=1&p=48714&cat=3,43722,43723

Awesome shop here in Ottawa. Not sure about shipping charhges but this sucker is $379 Everything they make is of the highest quality. They have excellent cooking tools also, give the site a browse.
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!