• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

puck advance button quit working??

Started by rmdodson, March 03, 2010, 03:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmdodson

Please help me out here folks... ???

This is my 2nd smoke & I just stuck in 5# pork butt & 2 pans beans. Butt looks good & beans taste good but are soupy (naturally). Advance button pushed 1st puck out & will not push out any more. Help?

For now I put 2 more pucks on the tray in the smoker so smoke is going. Will the Bradley resume pushing out pucks? Or am I screwed for tonight & need to put my goodies in the kitchen oven?  >:(

Thanks, Rhonda

squirtthecat

It should cycle on it's own every 20 minutes, whether you pushed the button or not.   Go check it when you think 20 is up, and see if it has pushed the next puck off.

rmdodson

Thanks, squirt...that's in about 10 min...
BTW, MY cat is here pawing on me for attention!

rmdodson

Ok, crisis averted. Pucks are advancing on their own & we're SMOKIN'!!  :D

Now for the hard part...waiting! Thanks again, squirt!

squirtthecat

My puck advance button sticks (engaged) all the time now, so I'm almost afraid to push it.   I just load the tube, then slide in a couple by hand and let them go...  

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: squirtthecat on March 03, 2010, 04:19:13 PM
My puck advance button sticks (engaged) all the time now, so I'm almost afraid to push it.   I just load the tube, then slide in a couple by hand and let them go...   

Hi Squirt

Give me a call at the office and I will arrange to send you out a new advance button
or PM me your shipping info and serial number of your smoker and I will take care of it for you.

Brian

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Bradley (Head Office) on March 03, 2010, 06:02:44 PM
Quote from: squirtthecat on March 03, 2010, 04:19:13 PM
My puck advance button sticks (engaged) all the time now, so I'm almost afraid to push it.   I just load the tube, then slide in a couple by hand and let them go...   

Hi Squirt

Give me a call at the office and I will arrange to send you out a new advance button
or PM me your shipping info and serial number of your smoker and I will take care of it for you.

Brian

Unsolicited Customer Service! Unbelievable!

Brian, You and Bradley are Top Notch.

Quarlow

Service with a smile ;D. Who could ask for better than that! You rock Brian.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

MPTubbs

If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

squirtthecat

Quote from: classicrockgriller on March 03, 2010, 09:33:40 PM

Unsolicited Customer Service! Unbelievable!

Brian, You and Bradley are Top Notch.

Ditto from this end!   I swapped a couple PMs with Brian, they were able to locate my serial # in their system, and the replacement parts are shipping out today...       Happy Happy Happy.

Thumbs up, Brian!

squirtthecat

Last update (and sorry for the hijack, Rhonda)

I got an email from Brian early this morning, followed up by an email from the Illinois-based warehouse that is shipping my replacement parts out today, w/ tracking #s.

We're good to go!

rmdodson

Excellent! Glad I could be of service  ;D

classicrockgriller

Kinda ironic,

The guy that helps gets help.

A true case as to why Bradley (Co) and the Forum (Us) ROCK!