• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Carolina Treet and such..

Started by dbrown1, January 04, 2010, 08:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

I have to agree on the NC CT. NePaS sent me a bottle and I used some tomake jerky. My wife doesn't like spice either and with jerky you are concentrating the flavours and she liked it. Just a slight tingle to it but she eat it and loved it. I will be using it on ribs this weekend.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

_Bear_

Hey Quarlow, did you have any problem getting it into the country, being a food product and all.
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

Quarlow

It took a while. I think customs held it up for a bit. Of course they probably saw the name on it and said they were going to screw me around. I don't truck across the border anymore( atleast right now) so they have to screw me around whatever way they can. Let's just say as a trucker they don't like me at the border to much.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

_Bear_

LOL, I know what that is all about. In the early 90's I was running Edmonton to Van, then cross at Blain down into Northern California and back. They didn't like me much even back then  ;D.
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

dbrown1

Thanks guys I will have to get some of this ordered, anyone have a line on good websites for other sauces n such ? I am planning on putting the bradley through the trials this spring / summer and want to get stocked up  ;D

Paddlinpaul

I just received my order in Ottawa. 4 bottles $11.95 plus shipping and exchange came to $48 on my Visa. Haven't tried it yet but will in the next week or 2.
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

Smokin Soon

CT cooking sauce and CT BBQ sauce is my fav for now, tastes do change, but dang good results on both in a Treager or a Bradley. I love the stuff. Wifey and I now use CT BBQ on our Sammy's for lunch instead of mayo Cooking sauce is used on just about everything I smoke. I buy both in gallon jugs. I do not like a hard bark on a pork butt, and a quick mop every 2 hours during the first 9 hours of cooking makes an amazing flavor enhancer, firm texture without being tree bark.
I would hope one of our members could come up with a "I can make that" recipe, as job problems have sprung up again. It's really good stuff!

KyNola

Smoking Soon,
Stand by on the "I can make this".  Jan and I just got 4 bottles shipped to us so now we have enough to start experimenting.  The original bottle that STC sent to us (thanks again dude ;))was supposed to be for experimental "I can make this" purposes.  Well.......we discovered that chicken wings rubbed with Jan's Dry Rub and then coated in CT was an absolute natural when smoked up with hickory.

What else can I say?  We have no willpower.

classicrockgriller

I just got some CT today and have been using a Carolina mustard/vinegar based sauce by Archer Farms (You can get it at Target) and they are every similar.

Both have wheat flour in them and as I suspected CT has a little more vinegar tang to it. Also the Archer farms is thicker, and has a few more spices.

I have not cooked with it (CT) yet but tonite I put some on some shredded brisket and it was good.

JF7FSU

I'm a CT convert.  The stuff is just phenomenal.
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone