• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Any KISS fans out there?

Started by ExpatCanadian, February 25, 2010, 07:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpatCanadian

Well, I was 5 in 1977...  just starting Kindergarten  :D  I suppose it would be silly to wish age upon myself, but then again the bands I love are just about 10 years before my time and I'd give anything to be able to have seen some of them in the full glory of their sex, drugs and rock n' roll excesses.... er....  I mean "peaks of their careers"  ;)....   I do have some very early memories of Kiss advertisements on TV, and Mom always expressing her extreme disgust!  Maybe that's what attracted me to them in my formative years...  a rebel even as a pre-schooler, that was me !!!  The funniest thing though, my Mom and Dad happen to be visiting me in London right now and when I told her I got a ticket to the show...  she told me how much she actually liked some of their music!!?  Weird.  I'm thinking alzheimer's   ;D ;D

classicrockgriller

Quote from: ExpatCanadian on March 04, 2010, 02:13:02 AM
Well, I was 5 in 1977...  just starting Kindergarten  :D  I suppose it would be silly to wish age upon myself, but then again the bands I love are just about 10 years before my time and I'd give anything to be able to have seen some of them in the full glory of their sex, drugs and rock n' roll excesses.... er....  I mean "peaks of their careers"  ;)....   I do have some very early memories of Kiss advertisements on TV, and Mom always expressing her extreme disgust!  Maybe that's what attracted me to them in my formative years...  a rebel even as a pre-schooler, that was me !!!  The funniest thing though, my Mom and Dad happen to be visiting me in London right now and when I told her I got a ticket to the show...  she told me how much she actually liked some of their music!!?  Weird.  I'm thinking alzheimer's   ;D ;D

ROFLMAO

I think they call that "Mellowing Out"

Quarlow

A very dear family friend who was diagnosed with alzheimer's told me this joke. She was always a happy person who look at the good in everything right till the end.
"You know what the good thing about alzheimer's is. You can hide your own Easter Eggs".
I loved that woman. Sorry to hijack here, just had to throw that out there.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

oakville smoker

Saw KISS ages ago but did not catch the last tour stop here in Toronto
Musicans they are not but they know how to set off pyrotechnics
Glad you had a good time

The snow  is melting here and the summer concert tour dates are starting to trickle out.  I am hoping Buffett comes back for a summer date this year.
Latest announcement is Tom Petty with Crosby Stills and Nash as openers.  Very tempting.  There are also rumours of a summer music festival here
that would be in the 400,000 person range  ( I was at SAR stock way back when ) and that was 500,000.  I f you watch the concert video and see an
air borne water bottle flying at Justin Timberlake, lets just say that came from my general location   LOL

We have our Canadian Music Week here in Toronto starting next Monday.  700 bands in 50 different venues over 4 days.  I  think I need a hearing adjustment and should take a few of these shows in
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

hal4uk

Geeez... ExPat...  5?
I think I "know a guy" that was living in his car in 1977...

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby