• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

just got back from the butcher

Started by dbondy, March 10, 2010, 09:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbondy

Just picked up my meat order this morning, I bought 20lbs of boneless butt for some kielbasa that I'm going to make this weekend. I also picked up two 8.5lbs briskets that I plan on smoking this friday. They also had some nice looking ribs on sale so I grabed 2 racks for supper, there in the bradly getting nice and happy.

the 2 big packages in the middle are the but roasts, the briskets are on the right and the small package on the left is 2 racks of ribs

rubbed and ready for the bradly
I'll post the finished pics when I'm done.

OU812

Nice pile of meat you got there.

Looks like you have a fun weekend ahead of you.

dbondy

Thanks OU, my buddy also wants some more snack sticks made up. So if I get some more time and he brings some cold ones over I'll make those up as well. ;D

OU812

Get your buddy to roll up his selves, wash his hands and give you a hand cuttin, grindin and stuffin the meat.

You will be done in no time, along with the cold ones.  ;D

dbondy

Just got done supper, had to pull my wifes ribs off a little early so she could get her hair done(that will be all nighter) ::)
But they came out great, I took the other rack out 45 mins later and they were very tender. Both racks were dry cooked and sprayed down with juice a few times during the cook. I smoked them with 2.5 hours apple and then cooked for another 3 hours.

this has sweet baby rays on it, it was also the first time we tried and it was very good

this rack has a local sauce called Valerie,s Original, its a favorite of ours

wally22

dbondy, nice looking ribs keep us up date on the rest of your meat.

classicrockgriller

They both look great, But I like the looks of that Valerie's sauce.

What kinda taste does it have?

dbondy

Thanks guys, CRG the Valerie's I used is the hot version not there sweet but its not to hot. Its not sweet at all and its thin like a vinegar based sauce. It does have tomato's and vinegar in it but I think the mustard is the main ingredient. It comes from a local rib and chicken joint that is very good and has been around for a long time. They also have different rubs and spices that are great too.

classicrockgriller

I am not a big tomato base sauce fan.

That sure looks nice.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

MPTubbs

Good job on the ribs!

Looks mighty tasty.
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

OU812

Great job on the ribs, they look great.

Did your wife get her hair done in time?  :D

dbondy

Thanks OU, she did get it done in time. But when she asked me if I noticed anything different I couldn't,t tell, I guess you don,t get much for a 80$ hair cut these days. ::) ::) Then I said we could of bought a lot meat for the smoker for that price(she didn't,t like that comment) Now I have to take her out this weekend to make it up to her. ;D ;D

classicrockgriller

Quote from: dbondy on March 11, 2010, 06:33:07 AM
Thanks OU, she did get it done in time. But when she asked me if I noticed anything different I couldn't,t tell, I guess you don,t get much for a 80$ hair cut these days. ::) ::) Then I said we could of bought a lot meat for the smoker for that price(she didn't,t like that comment) Now I have to take her out this weekend to make it up to her. ;D ;D

Bet you got the 'Stare".

Makes me shiver just to think of getting the "Stare".

I hate when it happens to me.

Quarlow

I know what you mean, I got the stare last night when I ask for...........Ok we shouldn't talk about that, but I still got the stare.  :-X :-X
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.