• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Spilled some water, now my main heating element doesn't work

Started by TTNuge, March 13, 2010, 02:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTNuge

I'm still cooking along since I added a second element and that one is wired directly to the plug and the PID is keeping things in check.  But the light on the front of the until doesn't light up now and the original heating element is dark.  Not a huge deal as I do have that second element but I am doing a brisket over night and it would sure be nice to have both elements going for the heat up and recovery stage.

I stole this image from HS without his expressed written consent but I hope thats OK.  If I take disconnect the wires that are on the left side in that picture, the 2 and the 1, and then just jumper them together, that should take the slider out of the equation and as long as my element is still good it should start working again right?  If so it seems quick enough to get done in between the ribs and the brisket.

Thanks,
Trent

beefmann

if you spilt water onto the electronic board while energized you may have damaged the unit beyond repair,  might contact Bradley for there input

TTNuge

Well now it's working again.  Strange.  And it wasn't my imagination either.  when it wasn't working the out light on the PID was on, second element was glowing red, the indicator light on the front of the Bradley was off and the original element was off.  Now when I went out and sauced the ribs the indicator light on the Bradley is on and the original element is glowing red.

Not the strange behavior I like to see before doing an all night smoke.

Quarlow

Splling water on it will cause it to go out but once it dries it will usually come back on.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Habanero Smoker

TTNuge;

I have no problem with you using that photo, it is there to help others; though I should invert it so that the face plate is not shown hanging upside down.

Just to note; if you fry the temperature circuit board, it generally does not do any other damage to the smoker. It will require to either replace that board, or disconnect and connect the wires directly together (not recommended if you do not have a PID or other temperature control device). I know; I had to replace mine some time back.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)