New to Bradley!!!

Started by petethemeat, March 18, 2010, 02:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petethemeat

Good morning all. Although i am new to Bradley I have been smoking and grilling since my early days of helping my dad BBQ pigs in an open pit. I have smoked in all types of pits, homemade and store bought. i wanted to expand my smoking abilities and add cold smoking. i started researching smokers and found Bradley at Cabala's. The folks at Cabala's couldn't say enough good things about the Bradley product line. They told me about the great customer service that Bradley has and the fact that they stand by their products. I started researching Bradley on line and like any product there were some negative reviews. my bigest concern was the fact that i smoke year round and read that there might me temp problems with the unit. Before my purchase i contacted Bradley and spoke with a very knowledgeable CSR.. she briefly explained the ins ands outs of Bradley and basically convinced me to give it a shot. I ordered my 4 rack digital and arrived this week. I cured the unit yesterday and had no problem getting the unit to the desired temp. i am looking forward to using the unit this week. the forum has helped me with questions that i came up during my reseach and eventual purchase.
Thanks to all...
i am hoping for great results.

Pete the Meat
Judge me from who I am. Not where I am from.
We are not all Massholes :)

Smokey the Bear.

I use my Bradley year round and live in Toronto,Canada, it gets very cold here but i manage. I use my shed to shield the Bradley from the wind and it works very well, only on the coldest day did i need to use a 2 inch hardboard foam to insulate the smoker from the cold on one side. You will have great results if you follow the posts in this forum. Enjoy!
If it has eyes and a head,I would probably eat it. Eh

MPTubbs

Welcome to the forum ptm.

I've added a second heating element to my D6R and my OBS.

Really helps out in the winter months here in Nebraska.

Keep the vent open and the smoke roll'n!
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

KevinG

Welcome to the forum Pete! I've got the digital as well, and don't have any complaints.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

RAF128

Quote from: Smokey the Bear. on March 18, 2010, 03:04:06 AM
I live in Toronto,Canada, it gets very cold here

;D  It doesn't get cold in Toronto.    Everytime I've gone through there it was nice.   Now, if you want cold, come on out west.    Now that's cold ;)

OU812

Welcome to the fun Pete

Your gona love your new smoker.

classicrockgriller

Pete, having smoked/grilled in all the various method you have spoke, you will have no problem with the Bradley.

Welcome to thye Forum and looking forward to seeing and hearing great things from the smoker.

ArnieM

Hi Pete and welcome to the forum!  First, the bad news.  I don't think you can smoke a pig in there.  Second, smoke anything else that fits.

The unit is pretty well insulated but, as mentioned, try to keep it out of the wind.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum petethemeat!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

petethemeat

Thanks all, I did my first two racks of ribs today... So far so good. loved the results...
Judge me from who I am. Not where I am from.
We are not all Massholes :)

Hoss

Enjoy the Bradley! Welcome to the forum!
Life is not like a box of chocolates.  It's more like a jar of jalapenos - What you do Today might really burn your ass tomorrow.

Seahawk

Welecome to this forum. I also have the BDS4 and i love it, the people on this forum are awesome, any questions with anything just ask.