Beef Roasts questions!!!

Started by smokingthemidwest, March 25, 2010, 04:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokingthemidwest

Anybody have any suggestions on smoking a beef roast. I never done any beef before so just trying to get some ideas. Would it turn out good? Any ideas on a rub? I love doing pork roasts on the bradley. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks in adavance

Paddlinpaul

I was wondering the same thing today. I have a 5lb top sirloin in the freezer. Doesn't need the low and slow but I wouldn't mind the smoke flavour. I have a box of Crown Royal bisquettes dieing to get used.
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

classicrockgriller

For a rare roast beef, an IT of 130 to 135 after FTC.

squirtthecat

I've done a couple...   Which size/cut are you looking at?

smokingthemidwest

Thanks for the replies! I am not sure what cut it is,I got it from the locker when i had the beef done. It says beef roast and weighs about four pounds. I got a pork roast that i was thinking about doing at the same time. THank you in advance

classicrockgriller

This was a chuck roast that I brought to a high IT temp and turned it into pulled beef.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=14975.0

Habanero Smoker

Here is how I smoke/roast Top Loin, you can use the same method with sirloin. I've since cut back on the rosemary to 1 tablespoon, and upped the garlic to 8 cloves or 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated. Or you can use your favorite rub, but I highly recommend that you use the paste method with the egg white.

Smoked Top Loin

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

classicrockgriller

Don't be afraid to use something as simple as Salt/Pepper.

If your Mom made roast beef and you liked it ask her what she used and adapt it to use in the Bradley.

pensrock

Last couple I did was a simple S&P with some garlic. Came out great.

Paddlinpaul

I think I'll try some Montreal Steak Spice, 2 hours of Crown Royal smoke.
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

ArnieM

I usually just go with S&P because I like to taste the beef.

Keep a real close eye on the IT.  It can go up pretty quickly.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

smokingthemidwest

Well thank you all for the help. I used a rub of salt,pepper,onion powder, garlic salt,old bay seasoning. I put in the smoker and smoked for four hours with hickory. Then put it in a alum baking pan wrapped with foil. I brought the it up to 200*. I then ftc'd it for two hours and this is how it turned out. It was very good for the first beef roast that i did. Thanks again for all the help!!

classicrockgriller

Looks mighty tasty.

What did you do with all them juices?

OU812

Quote from: classicrockgriller on March 29, 2010, 06:57:19 PM
Looks mighty tasty.

What did you do with all them juices?

Made some of the best gravy he has ever had I hope.