• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Power Indicator Light

Started by powrsmoker, March 24, 2010, 10:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powrsmoker

I just got my new OBS.  Seems pretty good, can't wait to start smoking with it.  I turned the unit on and the power indicator light by the slide controller doesn't light up until I have the slider all the way to the high setting.  As I slide it to the low side the light slowly dims until it is off and sometimes even flickers.  Is this normal?  It almost seems as if a wire is loose. 

3rensho

That's fine and the way it works normally.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Quarlow

It is operating normal. It comes on strong via the amount of power you are putting to it. It is kind of a dimmer slider of sorts. Smoke on.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

powrsmoker

Thanks for the quick response guys.  Next stop Auber PID!!! 

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

3rensho

QuoteNext stop Auber PID!!!

You'll love it.  Makes life a lot easier.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Habanero Smoker

Hi powrsmoker;

Welcome to the forum. As others have stated, the dimming is designed that way. I've never noticed any flickering, but I have had mine hooked up to a temperature control device for so long, I forgot what the light looked like during normal operation.

Does the light flicker at any setting? If it does it may indicate a loose connection, or some other power interruption; such as another appliance on that same circuit turning off/on.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

powrsmoker

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on March 25, 2010, 01:52:03 AM
Hi powrsmoker;

Welcome to the forum. As others have stated, the dimming is designed that way. I've never noticed any flickering, but I have had mine hooked up to a temperature control device for so long, I forgot what the light looked like during normal operation.

Does the light flicker at any setting? If it does it may indicate a loose connection, or some other power interruption; such as another appliance on that same circuit turning off/on.

Just in the mid point setting.  When it is maxed out the light is on fully.