• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Face Plate

Started by Infalable, April 25, 2010, 06:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infalable

After having a couple of faceplates crack into a million pieces I finally adjusted my smoker to prevent this from happening again. When putting my faceplate back on brain cramp set in and I cant remember the sequence to reconnect the wires. Can anyone provide me a simple schematic or a brief description on which wires go where. Thanks in advance.

ArnieM

If it wasn't 1 AM, I'd take mine apart and take pics.  Short of that, give Brian at Bradley a call in the morning.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Habanero Smoker

Here is a picture of the wiring. It is easy to see how it is wired. If you hold the face plate in the position it will be installed just remember the "T's" go together. The "T's" are "The Two wires are connected to the Top post."

For the light, it doesn't matter which post the red and white wire goes to.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Infalable

Habanero - thanks. I am good to go. Looking forward to my first smoke of the season. I have a cople of shoulders waiting to go. funny how I get more popular on weekends when my smoker is in use. Thanks again.

Glen

I did the same thing only for the back power plug does anyone know the wire sequence?

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Glen on April 26, 2010, 06:40:15 PM
I did the same thing only for the back power plug does anyone know the wire sequence?

Hi Glen;

Welcome to the forum.

Here is a link that may clear up the wiring sequence. Look at the third photo. It may be a little confusing because the picture was taken after Mr. Walleye (Mike) added the wiring for the second element. If you look at it closely, when facing the terminals; with the ground post positioned at the bottom, the neutral wire (white) gets wired to the terminal on the right, and the hot wire (either red, black or blue) gets wired to the terminal on the left.

Click on the photo to enlarge.
Additional Heating Element

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)