• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Removing cover from smoke generator

Started by jhsanchez, April 30, 2010, 02:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhsanchez

My old faithful Bradley is starting to not feed bisquettes reliably and it looks like the tray and pusher are gunked up with tar and resin.  I would like to remove the cover from the smoke generator and clean it out but before I cause a problem, I'd like to know how I should proceed.  There are about four screws which I can easily remove but I can foresee a problem if something inside falls into something else.  Any pointers will be appreciated.
Thanks
Jim  Sanchez - Tucson, AZ

FLBentRider

Remove the screws on the bottom around the perimeter, NOT the ones in the middle.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

RAF128

It's a piece of cake.    I was worried the first time I did it.   Just pay attention to what goes where and where it came from.    You'll have to disconnect a couple of wires in there buy they snap together again easily.   
I've got a 6 rack and an old OBS.   The old one wasn't feeding pucks consistently.   Turns out the motor had a couple of stripped gears.   Ordered a new one from Bradley and installed it.   It's a little tricky because of some small clips but it now works like a charm.