• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

crack in door

Started by db14, May 01, 2010, 08:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Mine cracked and I just glued it back.

I didn't see that it hurt anything.

DTAggie

The bottom of the door came off easily, it was the top pen that was hard to get off.  They sent me a new face plate and element today.

bears fan

I noticed last week mine was doing this as well.  I think I have two separate problems and I just want to know foresure if this is what everyone is talking about so I know what I'm talking about before calling customer service.  I have a crack in the top of the door where it opens up (top left side of door plastic), so that is one issue.  The other issue is 3 cracks on what I would call the faceplate where the slider is on.  The three cracks are right where the screws hold the faceplate for the slider.

Is this where everyone else is having problems?  It doesn't seem like it's really hurting anything though, but probably should get it fixed now before warranty runs out.  How long is the warranty?

classicrockgriller

One year, but call coustomer service, get it fixed, and get to smokin' ;D

bears fan

Wow, like everyone has said on this forum that the customer service is fantastic.  Didn't have to wait on hold like most customer service departments.  The person answered the phone and I told her my problem and the call took about 2 minutes.  Obviously it is a known problem.  New faceplate and door being shipped today along with new back feet as that is what they think is causing the problem on the faceplate cracking because of the extra pressure on the front feet.

DTAggie

New back feet were not offered to me.  Should I request?

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DTAggie on May 04, 2010, 12:12:09 PM
New back feet were not offered to me.  Should I request?

I would.

bears fan

Definately.  That is what they seem to think is causing the cracking, so you may end up in the same boat if you don't replace them.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: classicrockgriller on May 02, 2010, 09:59:19 PM
FYI:

I have seen numerous post on the cracking of the face plate in the OBS.

Some say it is the guy installing the screws too tight at the factory.

Others say it is because the front support feet are resting on the face

plate and crack when it is loaded down or moved about.

Some people have the problem and some people don't.

Regardless of that, Bradley will fix you up. Just give them a call.

Before you do it, look at the FAQ's and see what you can do to not have it happen again.

There are a couple of things that Hab's goes over in that section.

Keep Em' Smokin'

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: bears fan on May 04, 2010, 04:49:12 PM
Definately.  That is what they seem to think is causing the cracking, so you may end up in the same boat if you don't replace them.

The back feet are not for replacing the existing back feet. They are to perform this modification. (If the correct thread is not visible, you may have to scroll up or down one post).

Cracked Faceplate

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tenpoint5

Hab's the link worked
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 05, 2010, 05:43:17 AM
Hab's the link worked

Thanks. I found out why the post are not always displaying properly. If the window is resized while the post is still being down loaded, it will not bring you to the top of the post.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

DTAggie