• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

RRRRRGH No sensor cable!

Started by Parrot Person, May 01, 2010, 10:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parrot Person

Durn.  Finally the weekend and time to season the smoker, no sensor cable!!!  No meat for me.  Bradley Canada and U.S. are closed for the weekend.  Not having any success with local stores either.  BUMMER.

oldsmoker

Im not sure but i think the cable on a computer is the same thing. Take a look and hope it works for you.
OLDSMOKER

Parrot Person

I'm an idiot - the diagram with the sensor cable is for the digital smoker.  I got the OBS.  Whew.  I'm back on.  But thanks for the quick assurance and reply.  Got a tri tip, chicken and pork roast coming to room temp in the house oven at the moment.  ON TO THE SEASONING!

squirtthecat

No worries...    Have fun with it!   Make sure you've got the top vent 3/4 open...   I would put the tri-tip and pork roast on the higher racks, and the poultry on the 2nd to the bottom rack.

Parrot Person

OOh thanks for the tip on meat/rack placement.  Going well - after 20 minutes, temp up to 125 and a puck advanced.  Very exciting - like watching paint dry or grass grow.  Seeing smoke come out of the top.  Using apple for seasoning, combo of apple/oak for the meats.

Is there any reason why I can't drop one of the Maverick probes down through the vent to monitor cabinet temp?

squirtthecat

Nope, not at all.   Some do that, some run through the door seal.  Either way works fine.

Parrot Person

Let's see if this works - chicken smoked 3 1/2 hours -internal temp 170 when pulled.  Wrapped in FTC at the moment.

Tri tip after 4 hours smoke, 3 hours wrapped in foil in oven @ 250

Today is smoker cleaning time.

squirtthecat

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

Infalable

That chicken looks good. Did you smoke it for three hours or just cook it for three? Never smoked a chickem, but after seeing your pic I want to try one.

ArnieM

It looks like it worked to me.  Throw away the sensor cable  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

KevinG

Looks good, I hope you know for sure that was a chicken and not one of your live in friends.  ;D
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG