• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Mother's Day Smoke

Started by oakville smoker, May 05, 2010, 04:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

Its almost here. Mother's Day.
Every year I have the same conversation with my girlfriend that she is not my mother or the mother of my kids.
But there seems to be a sense of entitlement here that requires fulfillment.  I am somebody's mother and its Mothers Day !

So who is doing what for dear old Mom?  Surrogate or whatever.  I am thinking a big honkin yard bird, brine for a couple of days,
add a touch of cure as I did with the turkey back at Easter, inject with Cajun butter, wrap in bacon and smoke away.  Serve with
some twice baked taters ( she says a day without taters is like a day without sunshine ) and crank out some apple themed dessert
as that is her favorite
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

BuyLowSellHigh

That sounds wonderful.  Hope she is pleased.

I've been called a mother, or something like that, but they never cooked for me.   ???
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

classicrockgriller

Going to bring my Mom some smoked goodies on Friday.

She's going to be 86 soon and she looks 66.

She'll probably outlive me.

Wifie is going to stay with Son and DIL for a few days sooo ....

Smok em' if you got them!

OU812

Mothers Day is goin to be kinda special this year at our house.

Our baby girl, Taby, is graduating high school this year and the ceremony is on Mothers Day and were havin a party with all the family invited.

Taby says about 40 of her friends will be comin out too, somethin about they like the old mans cookin. ::)

Were goin to have pulled pork, brisket, sausage balls, home made sweet buns, bacon wrapped green bean bundles, creamed corn, 2 different kinds of potato salad, 2 different kinds of a bean salad, some coleslaw and a couple dips to snack on.

Then after the feast were lightin the bonfire and kickin back till we cant stay awake any longer.

This is goin to be a great get tog eather, with all the family and friends.

Tenpoint5

Them is always the best kind of get togethers OU
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: OU812 on May 05, 2010, 09:05:10 AM
Mothers Day is goin to be kinda special this year at our house.

Our baby girl, Taby, is graduating high school this year and the ceremony is on Mothers Day and were havin a party with all the family invited.

Taby says about 40 of her friends will be comin out too, somethin about they like the old mans cookin. ::)

Were goin to have pulled pork, brisket, sausage balls, home made sweet buns, bacon wrapped green bean bundles, creamed corn, 2 different kinds of potato salad, 2 different kinds of a bean salad, some coleslaw and a couple dips to snack on.

Then after the feast were lightin the bonfire and kickin back till we cant stay awake any longer.

This is goin to be a great get tog eather, with all the family and friends.

Sounds like a great day!

ArnieM

Sounds like you'll have plenty of company and a lot of food OU.  I made the bacon wrapped green bean bundles for the first time last week and they just vanished.  Make plenty.

My #1 daughter and SIL are coming over to cook this weekend, probably Mexican.  All I have to do is supply the beverages.  But I'll probably also do some salsa that was posted here recently with the smoked veggies.  Fortunately, there will only be 4-5 of us.

Have a good time and congrats to Taby.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.