• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First PID use

Started by DarqMan, May 08, 2010, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarqMan

Put some beef chuck roast on a little while ago and decided to take the PID for a spin.  At first I thought that it was broken because pressing the 'Set" button did't do anything.  I finally figured out I had to apply A LOT of pressure before the button would register a "click".  It's almost like the panel with the contact is too far behind the face.  I feel like it's going to break because I have to press it so hard just to register a single button click.   

Will someone please confirm if this is normal.  I've got the Auber PID with dual probe.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

smokeNcanuck

DarqMan,

I too have the dual probe Auber and that does not sound right.
I do not have to press any of my buttons hard at all.  Maybe send
Suiy an e-mail I'm sure he'll get ya fixed up!  He is great.
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

DarqMan

Thanks, I've sent an email.  I didn't think that would be nomal but you never know :-)
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

smokeNcanuck

No worries ;)  Hope you get it sorted out!
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

DarqMan

Okay, I'm impressed.  Five mnutes after sending the email to Auber my phone rang. It was Suyi from Auber and he gave me something to try when I'm done using it. If that doesn't work he said just send it back and he'll take care of it.  Very impressive, I wasn't expecting a phone call.

moodyfisherman

Suyi is great...I had problems with 2 sensor probes in a row...he answered emails on two different weekends and asked me to take pics of the sensor and sent them to him, and ended up sending me a new generation probe with the longer cable.....he truly cares about his customers and sells a great product..
Is that a bear with MY brisket in his paws?

deb415611

He is great - He called me on Memorial Day weekend a couple years ago to troubleshoot.

love the smoke

Yes customer service is excellent a lot of company's should take lessons from him
LTS
LTS

CaptainGeo

I posted this elsewhere, but it looks like some of you veterans are active on this one today.  Here is my problem.  OK, just unpacked my birthday gift (a BTIS1 Original Smoker), set it up and tried to start a seasoning cycle.  Nothing happens when I push the Advance Button.  I removed the smoke generator from the Smoker Tower, brought it inside, and tried again several times.  Nothing happens. Fuse is OK, light comes on, element is heating up, but no advance or the Bisquette.  Anyone got any ideas.  It is Sunday and not one is answering at Bradley.   ???

deb415611

Quote from: CaptainGeo on May 09, 2010, 08:48:32 AM
I posted this elsewhere, but it looks like some of you veterans are active on this one today.  Here is my problem.  OK, just unpacked my birthday gift (a BTIS1 Original Smoker), set it up and tried to start a seasoning cycle.  Nothing happens when I push the Advance Button.  I removed the smoke generator from the Smoker Tower, brought it inside, and tried again several times.  Nothing happens. Fuse is OK, light comes on, element is heating up, but no advance or the Bisquette.  Anyone got any ideas.  It is Sunday and not one is answering at Bradley.   ???

CaptainGeo,

I'm not the right person to answer technical questions but I can give you the link to the faqs that address a couple smoke advance issues  http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?481-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s

Hope it helps...

Deb

Tiny Tim

Captain...did you plug in and turn it on, then immediately try to press the button?  I don't know if it's normal, but mine, I have to let it kinda "Warm Up" for maybe 10 minutes before the advance button will work.  Just a suggestion.

DarqMan

I hope you get it working Captian. Bradley will fix ya' up for sure.

classicrockgriller

Captain posted this else where and his problem is solved.

He had a loose wire in the smoke generator.

Tiny Tim