• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Indy-How was it?

Started by tsquared, June 02, 2005, 05:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsquared

Chez you have to help me out here. One of the kids in my grade 5 class is a real nascar fan and I told him I knew someone who went. So now the munchkins are asking if I've talked to you. How was your weekend--good race? (You don't have to supply ALL the details. these are 10 year olds![:D])
Tom

owrstrich

micki and i got in thurs afternoon and went to the camp & brew... it wasnt going yet so we went to our temporary indy residence on the the southside for the evening...

fri went to carb day... the weather was perfect... lots of action on the track... the the mips 100 lapper was good... mickis friend started a mips team... american revolution racing with pancho carters kid as the driver... cole carter... he wrecked on lap 1... we went to the black crows show in the infield at the end of the day where there were 50k just for the show...

after carb day we went to camp & brew and met up with the bubba... he was intoxicated and most likely has no recollection of it... then we went to the indiana state fairgrounds for the 100 lapper on the historic 1mi dirt oval... lots of action...

sat we went to a race party on the southside and then off to camp & brew for the evening... we got there at 3pm and left at 1am... once again the chezz and the bubba were up to no good... i wont say exactly what they were up to... it was no good though...

i missed out on the pork loin but the pulled pork was the best i ever had and the sausage was kicking... they raised 1.6k for www.brianswish.com ...

anyway on sun we got to the track with about 20 friends at 8am... we cooked breakfest and started lightening the load... i have sat in turn 1 since 82 but this year i traded for some front straight seats...

we could see from the t3 t4 shute to t1... the whole deal just kicks from the bands marching around the track to gomer singing to the stealth to the checks...

the weather was the best in years... 80 and sunny on race day is rare... i wanted kenny brack to win but his suspension broke... when the girl took the lead the place went nuts...

after the race we went to our temporary indy residence and watched it on local delay broadcast...  now im sitting in a hotel room in san jose waiting to see the sprints at watsonville tomorrow night...

//campandbrew.com

more later...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

tsquared

Thanks Owstrich! I'll be able to tell the nascar mini-fans something tomorrow to keep them happy! I don't follow it but some of these kids sure do. I'm in mourning with the rest of Victoria cause our homeboy Steve Nash and the Suns are out of the playoffs. No Stanley Cup, looks like I'll have to go fishing.
Tom

Kummok

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by tsquared
....looks like I'll have to go fishing.
Tom
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Oh Puh-leeeeze, Brer Tom, DON'T throw me in the fishn' patch![;)][:D][:D]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

tsquared

I've got news for you Kummok--you're already there! Speaking of which, how is it going? Have the summer run kings shown up yet? May was a little slower than usual here, hopefully things will pick up. Halibut was good but now the dogfish have moved in, which makes hali a pain in the butt to fish.[:D](no pun intended!)
Tom

Kummok

Kings came in about 2.5 weeks ago, Tom. I even took some tuna fisher friends from San Diegodown to the "Spit Pit" (http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/lagoon.htm) to compete with the tourist for some fresh run spawners. 'Buts are everywhere....so far the Halibut Derby is at 276.2 (125.28 kg). Keep scootin' the Kings up this way, amigo![;)][:D][8D]

BTW, what's a dogfish....some kinda cod or "Irish Lord"-type trash fish that eat the bait before it gets to the 'buts?  Our "dogfish" is the small (&lt;20 lbs) halibut that get the bait before it gets down to the big barn door 'buts.[:D][;)]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

tsquared

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">BTW, what's a dogfish....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I guess it's a local term for mudsharks. They get to about 4 feet long and are a genuine pain-very hard on bait and difficult to shake off the hook. When I was a kid, my uncle ran a charter fishing boat and I used to go out with him and bait the hooks, open beer etc. He used to whip out this stainless steel sawed off 4-10 and shoot them off the line. Hard on the triple prong hooks but it sure impressed the hell out of the clients![:D][;)]
Tom

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by owrstrich</i>
<br />after carb day we went to camp & brew and met up with the bubba... he was intoxicated and most likely has no recollection of it... <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yep, I went to bed at 8:30 & was gone. I suspect someone slipped me a mickey (not your's John) because I've never been so trashed after 10 beers in my life![V][xx(][:(!]

Rumor has it that we raised much more for BW than last year, Glenn will follow up.[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

Tom,

It's the IRL, NASCAR's got nothing on us, it's REAL racing, side-by-side and un-orchestrated. 50 mph faster, can't trade paint, spinning 225 mph & need I say, the Danica word!!!![:p][;)][:D]

Kirk[;)][}:)][:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
[Rumor has it that we raised much more for BW than last year, Glenn will follow up.[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]
Kirk[;)][}:)][:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Glad to hear it was a success[:)]

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

tsquared

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">It's the IRL, NASCAR's got nothing on us, it's REAL racing, side-by-side and un-orchestrated. 50 mph faster, can't trade paint, spinning 225 mph & need I say, the Danica word!!!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> My car racing education continues... Thanks for the info. I read parts of owstrich's email to my class.
Tom