• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Beef Brisket in The Lower Mainland BC

Started by StickyDan, April 28, 2010, 03:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

If you ordered a whole brisket why did they cut it at all.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Quarlow on May 06, 2010, 10:06:07 PM
If you ordered a whole brisket why did they cut it at all.

I hate to tell you this, but the start of the "Briskets on Sale" season started this week.

Got my first $.99 lb packer today.

I will have a freezer full before the sale runs out.

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

StickyDan

Thought I'd post an update to the brisket seekers.  I didn't realize there was a TnT here in Coquitlam so when I saw it, I just had to check if they had Brisket.  The answer is yes.  They do carry brisket.  It looked like most of the fat was trimmed off so I'm not sure I'd buy one directly from the counter.  I may ask if I can get one that hasn't been trimmed. 
Cheers

Quarlow

Oooh I never even thought to look in the TnT. Thanks sticky

OBS
BBQ

StickyDan

Also found out that Whole Foods carries brisket.  Got one waiting to jump on the DBS tomorrow.

Caneyscud

Sticky,  at least around here Whole Paycheck trims their briskets of fat.  Now, I have never bought a brisket from Whole Paycheck because of the cost per lb, but there are those I know that do, and they say if you ask them, they will save you one that is untrimmed. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

oguard

T'n't will sell the whole brisket still in the cryovac pack. You will get some funny looks but it is well worth it. The price varies but I can get a whole one about 12 pounds for about 25-30 bucks. The best time to go is first thing in the morning before they start cutting.

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

StickyDan

Caney - I've never actually stepped foot into a whole foods.  It does seem pricey but that's ok cause my sister inlaw works there and gets a huge discount on anything she buys.  There was a lot of fat trimmed off which kinda sucks.  I'll have to see if I can get the next one untrimmed. 
Or Maybe I'll try Oguard's idea.