• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Floods

Started by Caneyscud, June 09, 2010, 03:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Hey guys, it would be worthwhile to pretend that you do not know me!   Floods seem to be following me.  Seems my hometown in Texas is flooding again.  Seguin, McQueeny, and New Braunfels are getting hit today.  That makes I think 6 - 100 year floods in about 30 years.  So much for odds.  My Aunt got water in her house for the 6th time, and many of my family friends got it again.  Yeh, sounds stupid to stay, but they all live where they want to live and don't want to move.  They are somewhat used to it, and know what to do to get back up and running.  Nobody I know who got hit have flood insurance - they all say easier to get up and going again if you don't!  I can attest to that watching the Nashville Government and FEMA and NFIP work.  One of my sisters lives on Canyon Lake, and is watching the water get closer and closer to her house.  Seguin did not get but less than 3", but again, the New Braunfels area (upstream) got 12 or 13" last night.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Quarlow

Excuse me, but I don't think we know each other ;) ;)
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

I knew you was "Bad News" when I meet ya! ;D

Sorry to hear that of family members.

Hope they have a speedy recovery.

Sailor

My PM's have been deleted.  Can't prove anything.  ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

DarqMan

And who were you again....??

Sorry to hear the news.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

BuyLowSellHigh

What is it about New Braunfels?  Like a rain magnet. 

Sorry to hear about it Mr.  .. uh .. who are you?  Do we  know each other?  What's your name?   Where ya from ?  What's your daddy do ?
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Caribou

Caney,
Sorry to hear this bad news.  :(
Hope things dry up soon for your family.
Carolyn

ArnieM

Somehow, six 100 year floods in 30 years does not compute.

That's an amazing amount of water. 

They say that in the future we'll be fighting over water rather than oil.  You got jars?

Seriously, I hope everyone is OK.  We're supposed to have some heavy rain here tonight and tomorrow.  My OBS and container plants are hiding.

Keep us up to date.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

KevinG

Caney get your butt down here to Arizona, we need all the rain we can get.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG