just ordered the jim beam smoker 4 rack

Started by SL2010, June 29, 2010, 05:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SL2010

my wife ordered this smoker off of Amazon i am obsessed with smoked meat i could eat ribs everyday till i die and would happy is the Bradley smoker the right choice for me to fill my rib fix

classicrockgriller

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum SL2010!

Keep the vent open at least 1/3 when smoking.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

DTAggie

Caneyscud

Welcome to the fun!  A great place to hang out.  You have only begun your journey down the road of smoking nirvana.  There may be bumps along the road, but if you get down on your knees and look at those bumps closely, you'll notice that those bumps are nothing but the bark forming on your smoking experience!  Cherish them.  Remember there are no mistakes in smoking just opportunities to experiment!  and maybe to buy more toyools!

Newly diagnosed Bradley Syndrome. 

CAUSE: -  buying a Bradley, seasoning, worrying about the first cook, eating the first cook - then the symptoms come on.

1st symptom               Buying all the meat you can

2nd symptom              Just going to the grocery or Sams, strolling the meat market, just to "see" - can't buy any because freezer is full

3rd symptom               Bleary, hypnotic eyes from watching thermometer dials

4th symptom               Black stuff underneath the fingernails

5th symptom               Sweat tastes smokey

6th symptom               This constant huge $$$t eating grin! 

After all six symptoms manifest - there is no hope - you are a SMOKER!   We think there is no cure - we don't really know, because nobody has ever looked for one - so who cares?
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

TestRocket

You're going to be happy with your Bradley and with this forum and all the good people that are on here. Help is only a question away. Good luck on that first smoke!

EZ Smoker

You can make absolutely wonderful ribs in the Bradley.  I've only been smoking since September, and my ribs are fantastic.   And my recipe is very, very simple.   There's an interesting debate in other threads here about whether to use foil or not when smoking ribs.   (I don't, but plenty of very good smokers do.)  So there are different ways to do it.   You  can experiment, have some fun, and get some really good ribs. 

And the amazing thing is that all I do to make ribs is put on a rub (sugar-based), let it sit in the fridge overnight, put the ribs in the smoker at 225* w/4 hours smoke (changing water occasionally), then when they're ready, usually after 6 hours or so, I FTC (wrap in foil, then a towel and put it in a cooler to keep hot for a while)...  then I have great ribs.   Simple as can be. 

Oh... and here's a rib tutorial from one of the guys who uses foil:
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=10182.0
It may seem like I'm rubbing salt in the wound, but the truth is I'm trying to cure it.

Caribou

Welcome to the forum SL2010!
Congrats on your new smoker, just checked out the Jim Beam smoker, that looks really sharp :)
Carolyn

KevinG

Welcome to the forum SL2010, you'll get some awesome ribs out of that smoker!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

waterkc

Welcome to the best little smokin forum I have ever found.

p.s. C-Scud you crack me up man.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

SL2010

thank you to all for the welcome I'm still waiting on Amazon to ship it what else will i need for my first smoke other than meat(with my rub on it) i ordered the brickets from Amazon and water for the pan any other equipment that i might need for my first smoke cause when it FINALLY gets here i want no delays

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.