• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

sticking puck advance button

Started by rmdodson, July 12, 2010, 04:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmdodson

The last 2 times I've used my smoker the puck advance button has gotten stuck. The last time it caught me off guard, but this time I was ready for it & got it stopped before any pucks were dumped into the water pan.

The button gets unstuck if I "snap" it (push on with thumb & slide thumb off quickly), but I am afraid that it won't come unstuck soon as it's getting harder to get unstuck. I took the smoke generator off & cleaned it out & the button still gets stuck.

I bought this thing this past Feb. Any more suggestions??

Thanks, Rhonda

KevinG

Give Brian a call at Bradley. He should be able to take care of you.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

FLBentRider

Mine does this every now and then. Mine's not under warranty any more.

Someone here cut the metal spike off a push-pin and glued the plastic part on the button.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Gizmo

There is a post from a few years ago where one member glued a peg onto the button to allow manipulation to unstick it.
There is also a post where someone took the generator apart and filed the button opening to eliminate the problem.

Bradley does not have a problem with owners opening up the generator to affect repairs.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

The following link has a couple of solutions that work:
Stuck Advance Button

Another solution is to install a new button. If you are under warranty, call Bradley Tech. support they will send you a new one; of if you are not covered Yard&Pool sells replacement parts.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)