• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Man, I've been busy....

Started by SnellySmokesEm, June 17, 2010, 10:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnellySmokesEm

I haven't posted much lately but I have still been on checking out whats been going down on the forum.  As usually good eats and now we have a 3rd smoke-out in the works and another ICB, awesome!!!! I have a lot of new recipes to try.  CRG - Holy cow that pie looks freakin wonderful!!!  Looks like we had a nice turnout for the ICB.  Congrats to all who participated! I have been so busy I haven't really smoke anything lately either.  Between work, Cali and Texas my last month or so has been slammed....

By the way did I mention how much I LOVE Texas???  The first day w were there my dad took me to the store (BIG Mistake)  The first isle I hits was the condiment isle.   :D ;D  So I loaded up on some sauce.

Not pictured above is Rudy's sauce and some magical dipping sauce from a restaurant called Raisin Canes.  I am sure some of you have had chicken fingers from this place.  Holy Crap this sauce is addicting.  They sold us some in a fountain drink cup and I put it in a water bottle froze it and packed it in a cooler in my luggage.  I am not sure what it is but its great.  I believe it is mayo based and I'd like to think of it as a white BBQ sauce. 

I so ate like a king this weekend and it was kinda nice not having to do much of the cooking.  I kinda acted as the sous chef for my old man.  He made brisket the first night on the propane grill boated in foil with some smoke chips wrapped in a foil patch.  I was kinda skeptical but it turned out great.  Mom made her fried chicken.  I helped my dad do up some ribs on the gasser boated in foil and  let him in on the little secret know as taking the silver skin off.  My mom also made her famous double chocolate cake with whipped cream icing. 

I hope I didn't bore anybody, but I just wanted to let you guys know what I have been up to the past few weeks.  Cant wait to get back to smoking.....
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

squirtthecat

Nice haul!

I find myself doing the same thing when we travel...   Head to the nearest grocery store and wander around.

We'll be in Manhattan the end of July.  I won't even know where to start.

FLBentRider

Nice.

I'll be looking for some of that at the smokeout!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ilwaldens

I can vouch for that Famous Dave's Sweet and Zesty sauce....it's one of my favorites.  But that Apricot and Bourbon sounds pretty good too.

DTAggie

You will enjoy that Grub Rub as well.  Should have gotten ya a few bottles of it.

SnellySmokesEm

Quote from: ilwaldens on June 17, 2010, 11:46:44 AM
I can vouch for that Famous Dave's Sweet and Zesty sauce....it's one of my favorites.  But that Apricot and Bourbon sounds pretty good too.

Batman of BBQ turned me onto Famous Daves and now its the wife's favorite....

BBQ Evangelist

SnellySmokesEm

Quote from: DTAggie on June 17, 2010, 12:03:34 PM
You will enjoy that Grub Rub as well.  Should have gotten ya a few bottles of it.

I tried some of the grub rub on some beer can chicken nd it was excellent.
BBQ Evangelist