• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Auber PID help

Started by mbetz, July 31, 2010, 10:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbetz

When checking my smoker today around the 6 hour mark to empty pucks and to fill water i noticed that my PID was not working.  My PID is maybe 6 months old max and has only been used 7 or 8 times.  It starts the program and about 5-10 seconds in it stops working and the Time LED light starts blinking.

I have checked the fuse on the power input and it is OK.

Anyone been down this road and have any suggestions.  Right now I have the manual slider running the smoker temp till I get this figured out.

Thanks,

Mark

classicrockgriller

Mark, shoot Auber an e-mail quick.

He will answer you on wekends.

Also try calling. I have had him answer the phone on a saturday.

Talk to Suyi.

mbetz

Thanks!  I figured I wouldn't get ahold of them till monday.

oopseadaisy

I'd be interested to hear what Auber says about this.  Are you sure the time segment isn't set to 0 hours?

mbetz

I recieved a responce back from Auber.  They are pretty sure my temp. probe has gone bad.  I have not had a chance yet to test it with my multi meter.  As soon as I do I will let you know what the results are.

Auber was quick to get back with me and was very helpful.

leftcoast smoker

if its a dual probe try and reverse the probes, if not I had a probe food probe go bad on my dual probe and was able to use a probe from my maverick in place to get the smoke finished

TestRocket

Quote from: leftcoast smoker on August 21, 2010, 10:02:37 PM
if its a dual probe try and reverse the probes, if not I had a probe food probe go bad on my dual probe and was able to use a probe from my maverick in place to get the smoke finished

That's some good info to file away for future reference:

The Maverick and Auber probes are interchangeable.

This could literally save your butt!  :D