• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Reheating Butt

Started by DTAggie, July 03, 2010, 05:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTAggie

Glad I did the butt ahead of time given the rain we are having.  What is the best way to reheat tomorrow?  Will be pulling it all shortly and putting in big zip locks.  Seems I recall some posts about warming in a crock pot with a some amount of apple juice?

FLBentRider

Apple juice or some vaunted vinegar.

Crock pot works great.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

hal4uk

About 30 years ago, I spent about a week camping in Tiptonville, TN (camping in a van - went down there to work on a house)...
When I first got to town, I quickly noticed that the town was uhhh...  segregated.
I could tell right away that everyone stayed on "their side" of the main road.
Well, I certainly didn't have any intention of disrupting their social norms.
However, I kept smelling hickory smoke drifting my way from an old gray shack.. About two blocks on the "other side".
Finally I decided to heck with it...  I was gonna get me some of that BBQ.
People (on both sides) just stopped in their tracks and stared at me when I crossed that road.
When I walked through the door of this place, there were several customers chatting, but it got real quiet - real quick...
You could hear a pin drop when I stepped up to the counter...  Finally, this old woman said, "something I can do for you?"
What seemed like an eternity later, I said "Can I get a BBQ sandwich?" -- and I seriously thought she would say "NO" -- but she told me to sit down...
I watched her toss a big pat of butter on this old flat grill, then she dropped a pile of pork on top of it.
After she worked it with a spatula for a minute, she smashed it between two slices of bread and toasted it on there.
It was a d@mn good sandwich, and I've been known to warm up pulled pork with a little butter ever since.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

DTAggie

FLB - How much apple juice for a crock pot full of pulled butt?

KyNola

FLBR has you set but reading Hal's post all I could think of was the movie Animal House "Do you mind if we dance with yo dates?" :D

Habanero Smoker

If I have a large amount, I place it in a half steam pan with some vaunted vinegar, cover tightly with foil, reheat in the oven at 350°F; stirring occasionally until it is heated through. Recommended temperature to reheat to is 165°F.

The barbecue pork fried in butter does sound good.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

DTAggie