• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

INSURANCE FOR RECIPE SITE PROTECTING OUR WORK

Started by Oldman, June 06, 2005, 01:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Just like life insurance is important to your family, so is insurance that all of our hard work does not fall to the way side should something happen to me.

For the next couple of weeks I will be using Golden Notes to recreate the entire recipe site. The end product will look just like it does now on the recipe site. The pictures will enlarge when click on and all of the link will work links.

Once I'm finish I will upload GS Reader with everything already installed that you will need in order to view this on your own computer.

Yes you will have everything that is on the recipe Web-site at your finger tips-- on your own computer! Again the recipes will look just like they do now on the web-site.

Every 90 days or so, as the sites grows, I will update the data base for downloading. At that point you will just download the new copy into the folder where the reader is installed, allowing it to over-write the previous verison. My only regret is this program will not run on a Mac.

Here is a small example of what you will see when I'm finished and you have this on your system.

<b>Click To Enlarge</b>

Until I get this done I will be working only on this one project.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Oldman

Well did I say two weeks? HA! I'm already through Chicken~~! This is the slickest $25.00 program I have ever purchased. As I said all Links and To Enlarge a Picture work as well....

While it has a lot of documentation with pictures it only took me about 5 minutes to figure it out how to use both the writer and the reader. As I said SLICK! So simple to figure out and use.

I have a $200.00 gardening data base program that is not in the class of this one!

You can download a working copy (good for 30 days) A couple of small features disabled - like printing.<b>HERE</b>

The Reader is free!

EDIT: BTW did I mention it has a built in spell checker!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />My only regret is this program will not run on a Mac.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Well, maybe someday soon. They just announced they were going to the Intel chip today![;)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

JJC

Hi Olds,

On the Mac topic, for those of us that mainly use Macs, do you have a solution.  I do have an older PC around.  Should I access the website from the PC and download to it as my back-up?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Well, maybe someday soon. They just announced they were going to the Intel chip today!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Seeing how Mac's market share is only 2.3% I don't see how this is going to save them. Just look at Dell's market share. What can they gain by this? At best they are only going to become is a labled PC "clone" manufacture. What could they possibly offer that is not out there already?

<b>Forbes 04.25.01, 12:00 PM ET

NEW YORK - On April 20, one business day before its quarterly earnings announcement, it was revealed that Compaq Computer had been toppled as the world's largest PC maker, a title it had held since 1994. Investors should not look for Compaq to recapture the title the way it did the first time... Dell now has 12.8% market share worldwide...  </b>

In the school system here they have moved from Apple/ Mac to Dells.  The day of superior software for them is long over with. When Mac could have owned the personal computing world greed got into their way. In 1983-1985 Apple sold cloning license to a couple companies (I don't remember how many now.) This was in effort to compete with the massive growing PC clones. However the Apple clones proved to popular and Apple bought back those rights, and maintained a price most users could not afford.

Now don't get me wrong. Win/tel were no sweethearts either. How many remember that *cough* relationship they had? IMO if it had not been for AMD we all would still be spending 5-8K on a PIII system. This is why I only purchase AMD. To offer my $$$ support. If they go down the tubes then we all are going to have to go back to taking it in the shorts again.  

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">On the Mac topic, for those of us that mainly use Macs, do you have a solution. I do have an older PC around. Should I access the website from the PC and download to it as my back-up?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I've looked and I cannot find anything to convert this to a Mac platform. I cannot even find a program like this one that is written for Mac... sorry [:(]

When I'm done I would suggest you do in-fact dust off that old PC and download the Reader and Recipe data-base. [^]

Olds

Habanero Smoker

Depending on you make and model of your Mac, and how much you want to spend; Microsoft has a program that can set up a virtual PC on your mac to emulate a PC:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002NT16E/102-0754627-0457704

I believe there is a $30 rebate at this time. I'm sure if you did a search you could find other third party software that can do the same thing, for less.

Chez;
Software is not solely dependent on the processor, it is mainly dependent on the OS (operating system) you are using.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

One more thought JJC,

While I could not use an entry level E-machine as my processing demands are far greater than it can handle, @ $369.99 without monitor it will do just fine for most average users.

<hr noshade size="1">  
Here are its Specifications:
CPU: Intel® Celeron® D Processor 335
(256KB L2 cache, 2.80GHz, 533MHz FSB)

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition SP2 1

Chipset: Intel 865GV chipset

Memory: 256MB DDR 333
Expandable to 2GB

Hard Drive: 80GB 2

Optical Drives: CD-RW/DVD Combo Optical (48 x 32 x 16 x 48)

Video: Intel® Extreme Graphics2 3D
64MB shared video memory

Sound: AC '97 audio

Modem: 56K ITU v.92 ready Fax/Modem

Network: Intel® PRO 10/100Mbps integrated Ethernet

Peripherals: Standard keyboard, 2-button wheel mouse, amplified stereo speakers

Dimensions: 7.25"w x 14.125"h x 16"d

Internet: AOL Membership Included (Additional phone charges may apply.)  

Ports/Other: 6 USB 2.0 ports (2 in front, 4 in back), 1 VGA external connector, 1 serial, 1 parallel, 2 PS/2, 5 audio (2 in front, 3 in back)

Pre-Installed Software: Microsoft® Works 8.0 1, Microsoft® Money 2005, Encarta Online, Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™, Microsoft® Media Player 10, RealNetworks RealPlayer® CyberLink® PowerDVD, Symantec Norton Internet Security 2005 (90 day complimentary subscription)3, McAfee Anti-Spyware 2005 (30 day complimentary trial), BigFix®  
<hr noshade size="1">
Now their top of the line model (T6212 - $579.99) has more horsepower than my XP3200 (AMD Athlon™ 64 3200+ Processor--512 KB L2 cache, 2.0 GHz, 2000 MHz FSB!) However, the rest of it falls short of my needs. Nevertheless, it would not have been more than 3 or so years back and it could have very well won Maximum PC Annual "KickAss" Aware.

Just a thought for you to entertain.

Olds

Oldman

I'm though Salmon now... the problem has been the 4X converstion/ coding... don't ask. You don't want to know...

Nevertheless, by this weekend it should be ready for down-loading.

My wife is laughing at me more now for sticking my foot into my mouth...than before when I was only doing the recipe site.

Olds

JJC

Thanks for the tips, Olds and Hab [:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA