Heading East

Started by Caneyscud, August 05, 2010, 01:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Heading East tomorrow to do this. 

Pics from two years ago.  Did not get to raft last year - neck problem so took the pics (almost as fun as rafting, but not as cool).  This year in the raft!  Man that cold water is going to feel good!

And yes, I'm in the raft.  A Bradley Cap or a Bradley 2XL T-shirt prize to the first to guess which one I am!  You have 6 chances - the girl guide doesn't count - hopefully too obvious - she was better looking than I am!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

I'm guessing the one right up in front with his mouth open getting the first drink off the wave.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

I think you're close but no cigar Chris.  Caney, is that you on the far right(as you look at the pic)behind the singular guy who is up front?  The guy behind you is holding up his oar.

classicrockgriller

The one wearing the yellow helment.

deb415611

Quote from: KyNola on August 05, 2010, 02:09:25 PM
I think you're close but no cigar Chris.  Caney, is that you on the far right(as you look at the pic)behind the singular guy who is up front?  The guy behind you is holding up his oar.

that's my guess too

Have fun Caney!!

Tiny Tim

I'm thinkin' the guy closest to the chick (smartest one in the bunch)...back left (as they sit in the boat).

RossP

Middle guy on the starboard side.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

BuyLowSellHigh

Forward starboard (next to the one getting the first drink), as far away from the chick as possible (showing her superior intelligence by positioning Caney at as far away as possible).

That looks like a lot of fun.  Enjoy the fun. 

We'll be heading out to Colorado on Sunday for a week of very cool weather in the mountains.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Wildcat

The one holding the oar up to see what will happen without his help.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

pensrock

I think he is the one on shore taking the picture.  ;D

Caneyscud

Larry got it correct.  Far right - in front of the guy with the oar in the air.  My mouth is open and I can't remember if I was crying like a baby or screaming yahoo!  It's on the Ocoee.  This year, we are doing the entire river and that includes the area they had the Olympics a few years back.  The Nantahala is probably next year or the year after. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

oakville smoker

Have a blast
I have rafted up here in the Ottawa River, in the Dominican Republic and smaller rivers a couple of hours from here
You have me thinking I should do this again
Stretch those muscles, especially the leg muscles and I dont have to tell you to hold on tight !
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

hal4uk

Thinking back to my trip down the Nantahala, and thinking of what I always say to Squirt when he does something that I think might get him killed...  Hey Caney!   Can I have your stuff?   ;D
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Mr Walleye

White water rafting is a blast FLB!

A few years ago we did the Kicking Horse nears Golden BC. That mountain water was cooollllddddd.... An absolute blast though.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes