• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Rack of ribs with Mango and Apple!

Started by Osibisa, June 18, 2005, 08:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osibisa

Hi everybody. Just had a totally excellent result with the following recipe. (I think I invented it myself!!) Weather is wicked here in UK. Temperatures today of 32C. Ideal for BS..

First attempt at rack of ribs. Read the books, looked at the videos and decided to experiment..

3 Half racks of Ribs.
5 Dessert spoons Five spice and equal demerera sugar.
1 Cup, Apple and Mango juice. Combined.

( The Apple and Mango juice comes ready to drink, in a cardboard carton from the local Superstore.) (Tesco's actually, but I don't think that means much to our friends abroad).

Strip membrane off ribs. Coat in Fivespice and Sugar mix. Leave to marinate in refrigerator overnight. Stoke up BS to 220 F. Place enough Apple Bisquits in BS to smoke for 2 hours. (6 plus 3 dummies). Place ribs into BS. Air vent half open.
Throughout the cooking time turn and spray ribs with Apple and Mango juice every hour. (Or half hour if you wish). Hot smoke for two hours and cook for a further, two to three, depending on preferences. Falling of the bone will probably be nearly five hours in total but it is well worth the wait!. FTC for a further hour.

Served with a mixed salad and Hot Buttered Baked Potatoes....

The ribs require no sauce after cooking. They will be very tasty and sticky. You have my word..

Sorry, but I have no pictures. The buggers ate all the ribs before I had chance to lick the juice of my fingers and take any!

Peter. [;)]

Habanero Smoker

Looks like a great recipe, I'll have to give it a try. In the states mango juice is easy to find in most supermarkets, in the Hispanic section. A company called Goya sells it by bottles or 12 ounce cans.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

JJC

Sounds delish, Osibisa . . . and BTW, I have been to Tesco many times during my several visits to England.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA