• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

The door just fell off my OBS! RESOLVED!

Started by Smokeville, September 03, 2010, 03:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokeville

Well, little pieces of plastic have been letting go since I bought it April 2009.... I think it was dropped hard somewhere in transit to Canadian Tire.

No big deal, still worked great, but just a few moments ago the whole bottom plastic plate of the door let go and it came off the bottom hinge. You can see crack marks all around wherever the little screws used to be...

What to do? Out of warranty!

And, taking a closer look at my new 6-rack digital, it doesn't sit flat because it is slightly out of alignment. No right angles!!!

Rich

Tenpoint5

I would still contact Bradley Customer service.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

beefmann

contact Bradley they do have good customer service

oakrdrzfan

I just contacted Bradley about my 2nd door cracking again along the bottom.  Same for the plastic control module just below the door.  Luckily, I am still under warranty. 

SouthernSmoked

Hello Smokeville,

The door from Bradley is something like 55 dollars + shipping and will take about 5-10 to replace. They have a warehouse in Illinois and ground shipping to you should take about 4 days.

If you have any trouble with installing the door just yell out and someone will help.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Smokeville

Thanks, everyone. I'll call on Tuesday. For now I can kind of jam the door shut.

Smokeville

Stunning customer service -- they are sending a new door under warranty even though I've had the unit 18 months.

No arguments, just took my name and address and gave me the good news.

Rich

classicrockgriller