• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Help with cleanup of v drip tray - pan

Started by n4khq, September 12, 2010, 05:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n4khq

Any suggestions on making clean up of the v drip tray easier using foil? I think I read something about covering half the tray over the heater with aluminum foil. I tried a full cover piece of aluminum and cut some slots at and made a drip hole and it did now work well at all.

I have read several post about how to clean and most say it requires elbow grease. I have tried pam which does not help much. I read a tip on Multi Kleen Plus being magic and I will give that a try.

GusRobin

I'd be careful with foil on the v-tray. One of the main purposes is to drain the grease away from the element to prevent a grease fire. People have put foil on the back half for heat distribution purposes.
As far as cleaning, I fill up the sink with dish detergent and let it soak, then scrub with a SOS type pad. CRG swears by Dawn Power Dissolver and his trays always look new. I bought some this weekend but haven't tried it yet. Guess you spray,, let set for a while then use a wet SOS pad.

Others will be along with other suggestions.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

classicrockgriller

Sometimes I spray my v-tray and sometimes I don't.

I scrape it and then spray one side with Dawn Power Dissolver and let it set about 10 to 15 minutes.

Scrape it with a stiff brush and rinse it off. Repeat if still dirty. Then clean the otherside.

The racks go in the dishwasher after a pre-rinse and a stiff brushing.

Brisket Lover

I use bar keepers friend and elbow grease, then it goes into dishwasher. It doesn't shine anymore and it looks dirty but it is not. Just tarnished or whatever it is called from the smokes.

Indy Smoker

Throw it in the dishwasher after a nice scrub down