• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Dual Element OBS & a Surprise!

Started by classicrockgriller, September 13, 2010, 08:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Dualed out The OBS with the Habs "on/off switch" and TestRockets "additional temp sensor". Thanks Guys!

Only thing is that I turn my switch side ways to help keep the face plate from cracking.

And added a new Sticker!

Gonna give a Test Run tomorrow and smoke something.

OR ......

I might smoke on this Test Smoker! ;D

I'll just give them both some love.

DTAggie

ArnieM

You ought to see what he has in his bathtub  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Habanero Smoker

Nice work.

On that area of the smoker where the switch is located you don't have to worry about the face plate cracking. It is pretty sturdy and reinforced in that area. I've had a no problem with cracking by placing mine vertically.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TestRocket

I've been wondering if you finished it yet. Nice job!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: TestRocket on September 14, 2010, 09:49:50 AM
I’ve been wondering if you finished it yet. Nice job!

Yes Sir! I lost the pkg of hi-temp connectors in the man cave for 4 days! Grrrrrrr

All is finished now and gonna run it thru it's cycles today.

JT-MO

Hab, that is exactly where mine cracked and I never did the dual element mod, or cut in that area.
Just confirming that it can crack there and for no reason at all. Nice job on the mod, some day I may do that to mine but have no reason to as of yet.

hal4uk

Uhhhh...  Ok...  What's he got in the bathtub?
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: JT-MO on September 15, 2010, 03:51:54 PM
Hab, that is exactly where mine cracked and I never did the dual element mod, or cut in that area.
Just confirming that it can crack there and for no reason at all. Nice job on the mod, some day I may do that to mine but have no reason to as of yet.

I believe I remember that post, and that is very unusual. It is the only post I have seen that refer to a crack in that area, the only other posts with damage in that area was due to shipping, and I can't recall if yours arrived in that condition. I think you mentioned something about the quality of the plastic in that particular area, and that it was due to stress.

I didn't stated that it cannot crack there, but that it is more reinforced in that area. My post was a reply CRG's post "Only thing is that I turn my switch side ways to help keep the face plate from cracking." That statement give the impression that there were issues with placing the switch vertically, and I know of none. I've installed mine vertically, and have not had an issue with it cracking in that area. I don't think it matters either way you install it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

starship

Is that the NEW Arben PID that make program step changes based on food temp?
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

classicrockgriller