• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cleanup

Started by twl, September 21, 2010, 03:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twl

Hi All,
I'[m twl from North Idaho. I've been smoking in my BDS for about two years now. I've probably run 400 lbs of meat and fish through the think,...but I'm still stymed! What is the best and easiest way to clean up the removable parts. I've tried overnight soaking in soapy water, pre-coating with Pam, and using all manner of scrubbers and tools, but it is still very time consuming and dirty cleaning up after each use. I even ask the guys at Bradley to get me a set of non-stick coated parts, but that got nowhere. It seems to me a good solution to this problem is worth a lot of money. I'm tired of spending 20 - 45 minutes cleaning up the parts and sink after each use. Heck, I'd use it a lot more it the cleanup was easier. So, oh sages of the pit, what's you take? What do you guys see as the best way to clean up. Has any one figured out how to do it in less that FIVE minutes? If not, lets work together to solve this problem. We all gain in the end. I have no interest in making $$$ here, just making the chore more reasonable.
twl
twl, Bayview, Idaho, USA

GusRobin

I used to soak in hot water and dish soap, then scrub with SOS type pad. CRG turned me on to using Dawn Power Dissolver. So now I spray with that, let it sit for a little while and then use an SOS pad and it comes pretty clean without as much effort. Then I throw it in the dishwasher and all is well. Trick is to do it as soon as you can after cooking.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

ArnieM

I use Dawn Power Dissolver.  Scrape any loose stuff the V-Tray and put in the sink.  Put the racks on top.  Spray it down, wait 20 minutes and then hit them with a coarse sponge.  Spray again and then into the dishwasher.

I don't like PAM.  It seems to make things gummy.  You could give the racks a light rub of Canola or peanut oil prior to use.  It may help a bit.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

DTAggie

CRG has a secret - a monkey who licks it all off.  Oh dang, did I just offend him?

kinyo

I let the parts soak in really hot water with a lot of soap for 30 minutes. After that i scrub with a SOS pad for 5 minutes. Finish the cleaning in the dish washer.

It usually come out pretty clean. 

classicrockgriller

Dawn Power Dissolver .... or a monkey (or aggie, the same thing) to lick it off.

Caneyscud

Well!

I was going to say something nice about CRG, but now I'm not! 

You can't see me, but I'm sticking my tongue out at you.  But alas, I can't say I have never licked a grill. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

RossP

I just throw mine in the sink with some hot water and soap, then I take the Stainless Steel scrubby my wife got at one of those home parties and everything comes off real easy. I will try and find out who makes the stainless scrubby. Mine is getting a little ragged. Found them, they are made by Norwex here is the url to the product.
http://www.norwex.com/productdetail.php?id_plk=131&id_ova=&lng=7&cnt=38

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

bears fan

I've tried many times myself and it does take time, but my best resolution so far has been to have the wife clean them.  Takes me no time then :D

DTAggie

Thanks for backing me up Caney!