• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Job With A View

Started by Wildcat, September 24, 2010, 05:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

SouthernSmoked

I'm very adventurous but the heck with that.

I got the elevator covered, maybe the caged tower...who the heck I'm kidding - I got the elevator covered.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

classicrockgriller

I turn into a worm just climbing on the roof of my house.

I couldn't even finish watching the video.

Now I am ruint for the day. ;D

icerat4

No problem thats not high enough for me..And the guy uses his both hands ..What a whimp ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

3rensho

Changed my shorts after watching the video.  That ain't for this child.  I won't even go on the roof.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

SnellySmokesEm

Holy Crap, my anxiety went through the roof watching that.  Now how does he get down....
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

DTAggie

Holy s.....As kids we would climb up a 15 to 20 foot windmill at the farm.  That was enough to drive me crazy.

Up In Smoke

2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Sailor

First time I ever broke out in a cold sweat watching a video.......YIKES.  I can't take heights anymore at all. 

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

punchlock

No Way! Never! I need a beer....

StickyDan

I'm not afraid of heights. I'm not even afraid of falling.  It's the whole "landing" part that's got me worried.  

Up In Smoke

If they really are climbing up there i can see why one would wear boxers :D :D :D
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

BuyLowSellHigh

There was a time many years ago when I would have done that without a second thought.  Those days are long gone.  Watching that made my skin crawl.  Time for some liquid tranquility.

A couple of years ago there was a TV segment called Tower Dogs that followed several different tower climbing crews for several months.  Over the course of filming something like 7 climbers died from work falls. Just did a quick check of OSHA stats -- based upon death rate, since 2004 Tower Climber / erector has been the most hazardous occupation.  The last year I could find hard data for was 2006, with a death rate of 183.6 per 100,000 workers (there are about 10,000 of these guys around).  In 2008 five died in one week.  I grew up in the construction industry and I always though roofers were insane - their death rate in 2006 was 34.9, less than 1/5th that of the tower climbers.

Nope, not for me!
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

GusRobin

so they don't use a safety hook when climbing, but wear aa helmet. like that is going to help them. of course as they say, the fall won't kill them, its the sudden deceleration at the bottom.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Tiny Tim

I presume the hard hat is so they don't give themselves a concussion that causes them to fall, rather than being there for protection in a fall.

Fortunately, I'm big enough that I'm not strong enough to pull myself up with my arms, making that a job I'm not eligible for. ;)