• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Tender Spareribs?

Started by Oakley, July 03, 2005, 05:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakley

I just got my BS....Wahooo!!! I'm so excited. My question for you "seasoned" smokers is this.... Can anyone give me a recipe for tender pork spareribs?[:X]

I would really appreciate your help.

Oakley

Oldman

Once your pork is done to the level you want then FTC them for at least one hour. I would not smoke for more that 4 hours... allowing them to finish in the Bradley... maximum temp I would use is 220F--generally I'm closer to 190 F. (Ya it takes longer.)

<b>FTC:</b>

<b>F</b>oil....wrap in Foil
<b>T</b>owel... wrap in Towel
<b>C</b>ooler... place in pre-heated Cooler. (Use hot water to pre-heat the cooler.)

Add some apple juice to the ribs before wrapping.

Here is a rub or two or three to try out:
1. <b><font color="blue">From Bassman</font id="blue"></b>

2. <b><font color="blue">From Bassman</font id="blue"></b>

3. <b><font color="blue">From tsquared</font id="blue"></b>

EDIT: BTW Welcome to the Bradley family~~!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

Welcome to the Forum, Deborah!  Make sure you share your experiences with us.  Lots of forum members make their own rubs, and Olds has suggested some great homemade rubs.  However, if you're lazy like me, see Big Smokers website:  bbqguru.com

He's got lots of great rubs to try for all kinds of meat.  I've used most of them and haven't been disappointed yet!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Chez Bubba

Hey Deb,

Welcome & you make really cool sunglasses![8D][:D][:)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oakley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />Once your pork is done to the level you want then FTC them for at least one hour. I would not smoke for more that 4 hours... allowing them to finish in the Bradley... maximum temp I would use is 220F--generally I'm closer to 190 F. (Ya it takes longer.)

<b>FTC:</b>

<b>F</b>oil....wrap in Foil
<b>T</b>owel... wrap in Towel
<b>C</b>ooler... place in pre-heated Cooler. (Use hot water to pre-heat the cooler.)

Add some apple juice to the ribs before wrapping.

Here is a rub or two or three to try out:
1. <b><font color="blue">From Bassman</font id="blue"></b>

2. <b><font color="blue">From Bassman</font id="blue"></b>

3. <b><font color="blue">From tsquared</font id="blue"></b>

EDIT: BTW Welcome to the Bradley family~~!

Olds

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Oakley

Thanks everyone for the advice.  I really appreciate the rub recipes Oldman.  I tried smoking a butt and it really turned out great for my first attempt. It did not even need sauce!!

This Bradley Smoker is the ticket!

Hey Chez Bubba.....I'm glad you like my sunglasses...I like your pucks!  I bought some from you and they work great.

Ok...I'm off to cook these ribs...Wish me luck!

Cold Smoke

Oldman

Hey Chez... <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Hey Chez Bubba.....I'm glad you like my sunglasses...I like your pucks!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I think this young lady just ate your lunch--LOL! Or maybe in your case it was pulled pork! LMSO!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!