• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Back again, may as well be new

Started by seagravedriver, November 07, 2010, 02:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seagravedriver

Hello all!  After my friends marriage was wonderfully salvaged, I had to give his OBS back.  Had some great smokes with it.  Finally, after over a year, I now have my own again, not even out of the box. 

I hope to smoke on Tuesday, but I am looking at rain at least till Friday, (probably a Friday in May) :-\  No time for an overhang yet, what should I do?  Rig a bucket over the pucks? Put it under the front porch?  This is going to be a long term problem in Western WA.

smoker pete

Welcome back.  Do you have a garage?  Many have moved their OBS to the garage and vented to outside.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

squirtthecat

This was from another thread, but you might find it helpful.

I took the Buy vs Build route..

Suncast tall storage cabinet.   It was $99 at Menards. (similar to a Lowes or a Homer Depot)

It is bolted to the fence, as it is a bit top-heavy. (and we get some serious winds here)

It's not insulated, but it keeps the wind away from the smoker.  I just crack the doors when smoking in frigid (single digit) temps.

It keeps the OBS high and dry.   Never had a problem with water/snow getting in and messing things up.

seagravedriver

My garage is to dedicated to cars/hobbies.  I like the plastic shed, it looks like something from Dante's Inferno :o

Good to be back.  We have spent a lot of time with the couple that had some rough times, so that is looking good, but who's relationships are perfect anyway>
The cashlflow had to be right, and now I have to get after it and use it.  Looking forward to this!

TestRocket

Welcome back and good luck with your struggles! We all have them...and eating some good smoked food is not only a pleasant distraction it brings a smile to all the faces that get to enjoy your efforts! So smoke away!  ;D

RAF128

Quote from: seagravedriver on November 07, 2010, 03:31:37 PM
My garage is to dedicated to cars/hobbies. 

Smoking with the Bradley is a hobby.    Should be able to find a small corner somewhere in the garage for it.

beefmann

hey Squirt

im gonna change your  name to copy cat.... heheheheh

this set up keeps everything  high and  dry and out of the cold... well if you  consider 40' cold in winter