• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

What does Extra Spicy Mies and Pepper Spray have in common?

Started by smoker pete, November 11, 2010, 11:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker pete

Just showed the Extra Spicy Mies to a friend of mine and we compared the ingredients of the All Purpose One-Step Mies Breading and the  All Purpose Extra Spicy One-Step Breading.

He is a prison guard at the local county jail and the first thing he noticed was the last ingredient on the Extra Spicy bag : "oleoresin capsicum".  This ingredient is the only difference between the two products.  Now comes the kicker ...   :o :o  oleoresin capsicum is the "active ingredient" in Pepper Spray   :o :o  I think I'll wear gloves when working with this stuff.  Kind of give a new meaning to the words ... "kick it up a notch"   ;D ;D  It has to be perfectly safe for consumption or else they wouldn't be using it.

To learn more about oleoresin capsicum you can google it or visit http://cqbsupply.com/about_oc.html
or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_spray

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

FLBentRider

Honestly, I don't think you need the gloves.

That is the active "heat" ingredient in all peppers - it just depends on the concentration.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

ArnieM

I don't think you need gloves either.  I'm perfectly happy with the 'Original'.  I can always add cayenne or chipotle powder if I like.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

BuyLowSellHigh

Oleoresin capsicum is the extract from the hot peppers of the Capsicum genus.  The hot compound is capsaicin.  The oleoresin is a common food additive, and at it's typical levels you won't need protective gear.  Think of it as oil of hot chili peppers.  There is also an oleoresin paprika that is commonly used as a flavoring agent.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

squirtthecat

I wouldn't go rubbing it in your eyes, though........     ;)

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

BuyLowSellHigh

Oh yeah ...  so be very careful where you put your hands afterwards, especially around the wife unit.

Don't ask me how I know, just trust that I do.   :o   8)

smoker pete

Oooooh Là Là ... Atsa-some a spicy chickenl!!!  :D ;) ;D :o

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

BuyLowSellHigh

More like a mad, with a determination for payback.    ;D

ArnieM

Just put the breading in a bag.  Toss your food around in it and then handle it with tongs.

I minced up a Naga Jolokia peppers the other day.  Washed my hands real well - twice.  Then my eye itched.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.