• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Mies Fried Chicken --- Thanks to Arnie

Started by SouthernSmoked, November 11, 2010, 03:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

Deb and pullinpork - sorry to hear of your experiences.  How did you cook it?

I've done wings and chops on the grill and chops in a lightly oiled pan and everything came out good - crunchy.

I did fish in the oven and didn't care for it much.  It never crisped up - kind of a gummy coating.  I'll try it again but go for at least 500 degrees.

My favorite is the grill version.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Smokin Soon

Deb, how did you do the breasts, were they skinless?

deb415611

they were skinless - I did in the oven at the temp on the package.  I don't think I coated them well enough, sprayed them enough and I think the cooking temp may have been too low. 

I'll try it again soon

Tenpoint5

Deb spray them them with some buttered flavored Pam before you bread them. I think the breading needs the fats from the skin to really work the best and the pam should supply that
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 12, 2010, 07:27:08 PM
Deb spray them them with some buttered flavored Pam before you bread them. I think the breading needs the fats from the skin to really work the best and the pam should supply that

or roll them in some melted LARD! ;D

deb415611

JerkyAddict

I've actually been to Rodaks in Fort Worth. Marvin does not repackage it. It is in the original packaging. One thing he told me. If you buy larger quantities (5lb bags). Keep it in the freezer. That is how Mies stores their bulk quantities at the factory till they are ready to package it.

Ken

Tenpoint5

Quote from: JerkyAddict on November 13, 2010, 07:01:10 AM
I've actually been to Rodaks in Fort Worth. Marvin does not repackage it. It is in the original packaging. One thing he told me. If you buy larger quantities (5lb bags). Keep it in the freezer. That is how Mies stores their bulk quantities at the factory till they are ready to package it.

Ken

The reason for freezing is the breading will last for an extended time period. It will last for one year in the cupboard after that the spices in the breading will naturally start to loose there flavors.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!